Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods As the season starts to wind down what's next?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 27, 2016.

1. blackanblue

blackanblue

I'm still wore out from last winters thrash with the 52 AD and fighting with arther itis the bastard has been really pissing me off for a couple years, so I plan to just tinker with the 31 beside the wood stove,it's all done just some refining. I have a kitchen reno in the near future but trying to avoid it but I think sweety is going to beat it out of me before Chistmas.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Staying on this side of the dirt.

49ratfink and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm planning on finishing my '36 3w build that I've been working on for 5+ years and dreaming about for around 60-years !! Maybe I'll get to drive it before I die ?????

The37Kid and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  4. 2935ford

2935ford

Hoping to have my Dort on the road for a spin before the snow flies! :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Jalporama is coming up. Westminster, Md. Can't wait. Oct. 15th

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. I've got a list for my plymouth. Finish patching my rusty floors, motor/trans swap, rear end rebuild, steering box rebuild or cavalier swap, and I'm messing with the idea of doing a carson top. I spent all year this year doing the suspension and only got to cruise a few weeks this season so I'm starting to knock it out now to hopefully get it all done by spring....hopefully.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Its kind of funny reading this. Our season is finally starting. Cant wait to put some miles on the Roadster this winter in AZ.

LOU WELLS, HOTRODPRIMER and saltflats like this.
  8. Paul and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I have decided to give up on cars and build vintage bicycles. bought a 1948 Schwinn frame, fork and headset on Saturday, found some rusty Schwinn wheels, rusty handle bars, and some used Schwinn tires Sunday morning at the Turlock swap, dug a few bearings and parts from my dwindling stash, and was riding my fully functional stripped down HOT ROD Schwinn 9:30 Sunday night.

10. [​IMG] HRP

11. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I broke my right wrist and tore the muscles a few weeks ago....a real pain in the a** department! In the midst of that, we moved to the other side of the state (man, talk about bad timing!), and moving all my parts and tools with one hand was/is still a complete nightmare! Doing much of anything with one hand, is a problem and obstacle to be sure.....but, I'm looking forward to the new year, and actually getting some work done on my cars once again, settled and back in order. I really want to get out into the garage NOW, but sometimes it's best just to leave it be for the time being, and get back to proper healthy operations....the cars will still be there!----for 2017, I hope to have my 41 Ford pickup mostly done, and I have my 1957 Peterbilt 351 'retired' log truck I need to get started on ...a busy year to look forward to...can't wait!!!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. adam401

adam401

08racer, I can speak for everyone in New England when I say that you suck. It was 38 degrees yesterday morning when I got up for work.
    Enjoy your warm AZ winter I guess haha

HOTRODPRIMER and 08racer like this.
  13. Ron Brown

Ron Brown
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

IMG_1308.JPG Have decided to leave my sedan with banger as all the running gear on this car is original to the car. So, Im going to start looking for a A coupe body, frame, banjo etc. etc. etc. to install the V8 flattie and 37 trans I just put together into. Already spoke to the little lady and she has graciously OKed me to have her side of the garage for another car. So,a bargain hunting I will go.

14. triman62

triman62

Going to try and finish frame repair and undercoating on the Hornet project before it gets to cold here, then I'll get the engine and trans on the work bench to occupy my time this winter.

Racer29 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  15. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Well if it makes you feel any better we just got done with our "winter" 100 plus degrees every damn day for the last 3 months. Don't feel to bad it was chilly here to in the am. 68 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

adam401 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  16. To add to the list I am getting a knee fixed in a couple weeks. Torn meniscus been bugging me for nearly 2 years. 19 Oct is the day it gets fixed. Have had thoughts of pushing the firewall forward in the A to get some legroom. Need to replace the clutch packs in the rearend of the A also. One wheel burnouts at the drags are not cool. The Hudson needs rear brakes and I just picked up a hub-puller at the swap meet that will allow me to pull the rear hubs to do it.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This one will be done by November or so.

[​IMG]

Then, start on this one.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

OL 55, LOU WELLS, 63fdsnr and 5 others like this.
  18. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Hockey....funny
    I coach for both of my sons so from this weekend until the end of March I will be busy with games/practices/games practices etc...this is my busy time, some days we go from 6 am to 9 pm at 3 different rinks...
    Plus youngest boy plays modified football and oldest plays varsity high school hockey.
    That being said I want to re paint my rumble seat lid, add the rumble seat upholstery, and add headers this winter...

i.rant and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. I had my knee redone, my clutch knee.
    After 33 physical therapy sessions to make the knee work (thank you Medicare), I was good to go .......... until I walked into the garage and fell on my '55 rear end, which was sitting there, with pinion flange pointing upward.
    Fell DIRECTLY onto the pinion flange with the new knee, went back into physical therapy again, all is well again.
    I now walk slowly and carefully in my garage.
    Best of luck to Fedcospeed with his upcoming knee replacement !

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. After the setback this year I'm ready to get back in the shop this fall and winter,I have several things that need attention on the old beater sedan.HRP

bobg1951chevy likes this.
  21. Have you noticed that the physical therapists working on your body really seem to enjoy their chosen job ?
    The more pain I felt, the bigger the grin on my therapists face.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Yeah,David weighted in at about 175 lbs soaking wet and made my 220 lb arse damn near snot bubble cry a couple of times! :D HRP

enloe, Ron Brown and bobg1951chevy like this.
  23. I hear what you're saying. :D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Go to Monroe and buy a bunch more stupid stuff for stupid car projects, get my new T Tudor body home from Montana and get it safely ensconced in the garage between the '39 and my '65 Falcon, get another pair of Model A rails, hopefully get my steel T bucket body home, REALLY get started on the renos on my future house, get the front axle dropped, front end under, and engine/trans in my '39 and get it sitting on wheels and tires for its first stance check, that should take me through to next spring, I'll figure out what comes after that when I get there...

saltflats and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  25. Danny us here in SoCal don't really have an off season. We get a little slow in Nov and Dec but Jan fires us up with the Grand National Roadster show and the Burger run in Vista. from then on its 5 to 10 things every weekend.
    Fuzzy

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  26. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

Swap meet season is starting out here in the north west.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

What are you going to do in the spring?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. trollst

trollst

Had a serious heart attack that nearly killed me on sept 11, (disaster day), have reevaluated some shit since then, getting better now, haven't been in the shop yet. But, I've discovered drag racing, I think I'll sell the roadster and build a quick 1/8 mile car, keep my 36 forever, and try to have some loud fun next year. Determined to die from anything but a heart attack, don't wanna go through that again.......

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Ok.........I want to get the 34 coupe road worthy and drive it to Arnold, Nebraska late July/early August with my kid to take part in the Sandhills Open Road Challenge. We race his corvette in a 52 mile long road race on farm roads. He drives, I navigate in the passenger seat.
    Then head west to the salt for Bonneville speedweek. Then, head south for the 2017 HAMB drags.
    I made this very trip in my trusty old 41 Pontiac coupe a few years ago and in 2012 I added the Pebble Beach concours 'de elegance to the trip...but I was driving my late model.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

well, I don't know, its not like I lack for options!:D If I am happy with the way it sits and looks, or I can get it to where I am happy with the way it sits and looks, blow the '39 back apart and start sewing, painting, plating and detailing in earnest I guess.:)

saltflats and HOTRODPRIMER like this.