Register now to get rid of these ads!

Artillery wheel refurbishment

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greazhonkey, Jan 8, 2009.

1. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I have several K/H artillery wheels that the rims are bent and the center sections are good. I want to pop out the centers and have them mounted in new rims. Does anyone know of a company that does this kind of work?

2. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

3. Gnashty1

Gnashty1

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Drill out the rivets, then carefully center the artillery center section in a new or straight used rim, spin it on a fixture tap,tap tap, get it right, ZAP it with your welder, tap, tap, tap, get it right, ZAP, tap, tap, tap get it right, ZAP.
    Bingo new artillery wheel with rim of your choice, even reversed if you want!

6. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Not quite that that easy with the wheels I think he's talking about. The OD of the center is bigger than any ID of a new rim you can buy so they have to be cut down on a lathe just a little bit. That if he has the ones I'm thinking about
    Jimmy

7. Fogger

Fogger

Listen to the above re: Stockton. If you want to get strokkkkkked send them your wheels and payment. And then figure on calling every day for at least three months and listening to their BS on why they haven't gotten to it. They are the only company I've dealt with in years that can't get the work completed in a reasonable time. They promised me a ten day turn around on widening a pair of artillery wheels, it took them three months and no believable explanation why. STAY AWAY> The FOGGER

8. jim cuny

jim cuny

Hello there!
    Just used RallyAmerica, they did a great job on two wheels for me. Talk to Gary or Jimmy in Fresno, Calif. Old Mopar centers with new wider rims for a 1938 Plymouth Woodie. Hope this helps. Jim in Texas

9. chiefton54

chiefton54

Where can a guy buy just the outer rim? I have done some searching.
    Speedway sell some that are to small. Miller seams to have a limited selection. Who else is there?

Removing rivits and Turning down the center isnt a problem to make it a perfect fit. The ID of the rim I have now is like 15.375. I need to double check that though.

10. Weasel

Weasel

Wheelkid rules for wheels - make it easy on yourself and call - do not e-mail - Jimmy.

11. Truckeez

Truckeez

for the 17" mid thirties GM-cool ones, The 94 up ram has 17" base model steel rims. Score 4 of those in the boneyard and break out the grinder!