Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art Deco Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sunnfjordingen, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Sunnfjordingen

Sunnfjordingen
    from Norway

I have a 46' Chevy truck project available but its a big truck and I'm thinking about just use the cab and front end to build a pickup and I'm wondering if I can use other Chevy frames than the 41'-46'. I have two 38' Chevrolet Master 4dr frames available or are they wery different? Other Frames?!:confused:

2. Frames from the late 30's until '54 is basically the same. They differ a little in the front suspension. You can use any frame you want really! even light european truck. Mercedes or Transit, you get the point.
    Sound like a nice project! let's see some pics!

Klaus

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

passenger car frames are way different than truck frames in those years. that is not to say it couldn't be done. I say go get your tape measure and see what you can figure out.

4. Sunnfjordingen

Sunnfjordingen
    from Norway

I'm just wondering if it can be done, I have not seen the car yet, maybe this weekend. I'l take some pictures then....

5. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

one of my is org and the other is on a 77 chevy 1/2 ton shortbed frame , and the other is on a 66 gmc pickup and i have a few other on different frames too.thanks

6. 3onthetree

3onthetree

When you say "big truck" I'm assuming it's a 1 1/2 or 2 ton, if so I think the wheel openings in the fenders are bigger than the 1/2 ton fenders. I think something in the radiator area is different also. The cab and the hood are the same though.

7. 383 240z

383 240z

Search on here for isuzu Im not kidding somebody wrote a bunch of posts about the frame swap. Keith