Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Arkansas Swap Meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldwood, Jun 11, 2015.

1. oldwood

oldwood
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from arkansas

The Petit Jean Mtn. Swap Meet is June 16-20. Car Show is on June 20th. This is the largest swap meet held in Arkansas.

flux capacitor likes this.
  2. Its in a beautiful setting also......

3. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Always wanted to go there just too far to drive. Take some pictures and share them here.

4. I'll be there...spaces H-26&27. Stop by and say hello. :)

5. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

As usual, I'll be there. No telling what I'll find I need to drag home. I'm just hoping the weather co-operates and we aren't knee deep in mud this year..

6. oldwood

oldwood
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from arkansas

There calling for @ 40% chance all week. UGH. I'll have my usual spots BB19 and BB20 in front of the water tower. I'll have my '39 Ford Tudor and '64 Mercury Comet 2dr for sale.

7. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

where in Arkansas, if I may ask?

8. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

9. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

It's got tons of shade too , held in state park w zillions of tall pines. 2 car shows one for regular street stuff & an original mini concours de elegance job. Going on at same time on sat" I've been quite a few times since a kid in late 70s it's always worth the trip & some pretty cool historical attractions on the mountain. It's swap meet always catered to pre 54 parts. Always a great & fun time for us, Last year my kids took their two small pups & they had a good time too. Flux

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  11. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was unable to go this year. How was it?

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

14. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

I went Saturday, looked like they got a lot more rain than we did closer to Jacksonville/lonoke, lotta folks had already packed up and called it quits, bought a dual wiper set up for 51/52 ford truck, also seen a guy with a 59ab flathead on a trailer running with one head off of it. Thought that was pretty cool!

15. vwdave30

vwdave30

Got a couple of 52 buick hubcaps up there i went friday and it was bad muddy figured i would bust my ass before the day was over but i managed to make it out with just muddy feet

Attached Files:

16. I was there Friday and Saturday. Sold a whole $40, guess I didn't bring what people were buying. LOL Seemed like the number of people was waaaaay down. Lots of open spaces, so I guess age and weather has kept a lot of people away. I don't think I will be renewing my spaces for next year. From now on, I'll just go up one day, wander around and if I ever have a pile to sell, I'll just pick up a spot at the last minute. I think I heard they were only 80% sold up to a two weeks before the show. :(

17. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

It was a muddy mess, 99% of most attendees time was spent dodging "plowed up mud" parks tractor n trash trailer uprooted & watching "Aqua" squish up with every step they took. I enjoyed the car show & car corral but covered what usually takes 4 hours in less than 1-1/2:( It was about 1/3 of its usual self, maybe it was the forecast & hopefully everybody will show up at the fall swap. Vendors left early & I couldn't blame them. If only they had chat on their park walking trails. Luckily there's some great things to see while up on the Jean. Flux

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The flathead with head off belongs to Rick O. Wood, a true Ford fanatic and a fine fellow. He gets a kick out of bringing that one-head flattie to the mountain and firing it up. He also has a 60-horse flathead with exhaust stacks made from plumbing j-pipes

19. Nostrebor

Nostrebor
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a wedding this year and couldn't make it. If it was muddier than last year it was bad. I have a 9 year old boy who loves going to that meet so we may make the trip for the fall meet.

20. Thaplumbr

Thaplumbr

Yeah I seen the 60 hp flathead, I had seen pictures but never seen one in person, I thought it was pretty cool as well. I've never been to the fall swap meet,is it just a weekend thing?

21. Fall meet any better than the summer one? At one time I had heard that it was more car parts and less garage sale/flea market crap. The attendance was wayyyyyy down this year for sure.

22. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fall swap meet is much smaller and the Saturday show is just vintage military vehicles

23. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I agree the Fall swap meet is ususlly a weenie when compared to the summer meet, but fun nonetheless if you enjoy a road trip. This fall I'm hoping the weather if clear, will bring some of the summer vendors back out. If I don't sell out at Springfield meet this year I'll be headin down with some goodies to unload. I'd hate to see an event of this magnitude suffer but the large amounts of rain we've got this year is nuts & man it was muddy. Like a business stuck in a rut, some of these potentially fading events may need a change in the venue, I think the fall meet could thrive with some vintage car activity along with the military stuff. It's a fun time regardless for us. :) Flux