Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Arizona or Bust... Moving, need some help or tips..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HONEST SCOTT, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Moving due to work, I know Arizona is full...work is work.... I'll be in the Mesa-Chandler area..as of now. I could use some tips on where I can store my roadsters, one right away until I get a house and settle in to where ever I end up planting myself. I could use all and any tips... thanks, moving me and a car on the 17th this month.

2. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

SHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! We're only full because of all the snow birds. :D

As far as storing your car there are tons of self storage places in town, maybe do a google search in the area you'll be staying? There are a bunch of HAMBers in the east Valley as well. I know Kerry67 and the Bomb Squad guys are out there so maybe they'll chip in some info for ya too.

You're certainly moving here at the right time of year, my last two moves were local, and in summertime. Nothin sucks quite like moving sofa's in 100 degrees plus!

3. Kerry67

Kerry67

Hey man....welcome. If you need any help let me know.....Shoot me a PM when you get here and we can hook up. Always cool to have another car guy in the area. As for storing the car, like Nicky said, there are a million storage places around.

4. My wife just got back from a visit in the Phoenix/ Mesa/ Avondale Area. She is "hot" to move there now. I'm pretty hesitant because of the heat.

5. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I remember delivering furniture off the back of a bobtail truck for a company called Woods West when I was 19 in Pheonix/surrounding area and MAN! Was it fricking HOT in the summer!!!
    Always LOTS to do though!!!

6. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Anyway-cool place hope you have a good time there!

7. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

It is too hot here, stay away.

With that out of the way.... if you use an inside storage location for any vehicles, have paperwork in hand when looking. Title (proof of ownership) and insurance for the vehicle is usually required.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Welcome! I'd offer some storage if I had it to give, but can't. Lioke everybody else here, as you get in and get settled, give me a yell and I can show you around a bit.

9. maniac

maniac

Try it with 6" of snow and 5 degrees on a windy day............:D

I'll take the heat any day.

Good luck on the move, I'd be outta here in a flash if it wasn't for my wife. I hate winter

10. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

do you know where in chandler/mesa area you're going? there are a bunch of storage places down here

11. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The dry 112 degrees in the summer here is no worse than 98 degrees with high humidity like in the Midwest. Trust me, I've lived all over. There's a downside, weatherwise, to anyplace, except maybe San Diego. I can live during a few months of over 100 in order to enjoy 70 degrees all winter. And you can ski 3 hours away.

12. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Start to look at maps and get used to the hiways, There are no large landmarks really that can help you navigate around town till you get to know the town. Phoenix is a big grid so once streets are east side and avenues are w side starting on central down town..Let us know when you get in town Kerry and I are both on e side..

Fuc* storage if you need a temporary place for a bit pm me.. I live in tempe area and work from home so your ride is safe at a hamb friendly home..

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011