Register now to get rid of these ads!

Arizona emissions laws to change

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scooter, Apr 18, 2005.

1. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Well it looks like it will FINALLY happen Arizona will be exempting 15 year and older vehicles from testing .Our gov just signed a bill , and pending federal approval 15 year and older classics will be exempt .There will be a catch , as in you have to have collector car insurance coverage .
    Right now the law states 1966 and back are exempt .Good news for your az people who have late 60's and 70 ;s rides ...

2. About dam time this dumbass state get with the times

3. DrJ

DrJ

Will Haggarty insure a 1990 Toyota Turcel?

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

Does that mean I'll have to get Collector Car ins. on my '66 and older Cars?

5. squirrel

squirrel

no.

sure is nice living in Sierra Vista, we don't have to deal with that crap.

6. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

I will try and see if i can get a look at the actual bill , the sunday paper did not go into great detail .I do know it affects pinal and maracopa counties w/ this change .
    DrJ i take it thats one classic toyota ya got there ;).Funny thing, i did see classic car plates on a 4 dr toyota corolla here :eek:I thing the law change as said right now will affect 1967 - 1982 if your ride is 66 and prior you should be still exempt ,but then again i have not read the whole legislation in question top to bottom yet .
    There is a republic newspaper reporter i think his name is bob galpin he does all the show info and car reviews and he was also the writer on the story .
    Right now i have a couple of calls out ,and waiting to hear back for more details .

7. This state has been so freaking backwards. Politics in AZ is F&*^%# up and always has been. Glad to hear they are doing something right. Now if we could get some of the streets fixed, we could actually drive.

8. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

AMEN!

9. HomerJay

HomerJay
    from Mesa, AZ

That's awesome. Looks like all the letters I've written worked. :D

10. palepainter

palepainter

I feel your pain. I dont think I have been on the highways on the weekend and not been interupted or put back on surface streets for some long ass project. It is out of hand at times. And you always find out after your jammed ass on the highway. But I do have to say that the roads are so much better than they were in PA where I grew up.
    I cant believe they still make the bikes go through emissions. I wonder if the 15 year rule will apply to scoots as well. I'll have to look into that.

Here comes summer boys....

Mike

11. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

If i recall correctly ALL bike's will be exempt , again i will see if i can get the actual letter of the law so to speak for a clear cut ruling , but progress like this does raise hopes in the right direction .
    No if we could do something about all the goofballs driving around here w/ NO insurance coverage .

12. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

that would be easy.... every body that moved here since 1965 has to leave and take their family with them.

13. DrJ

DrJ

Substitute CA for AZ and AMEN!

14. squirrel

squirrel