Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are you planing on attending the 50th NSRA Anniversary?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 2, 2018.

1. That must have been in 1978, thats where I bought my Centre Door "T".

The37Kid and Atwater Mike like this.
  2. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Went to Columbus a few times in the early 90’s, cars everywhere.I think one year they claimed 17, 000+ in R&C magazine .

lothiandon1940 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

its a good time where ever they have it.plenty of places to kool off. wont miss it.

4. A Boner

A Boner

Is there a hotter week than the first week in August?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  5. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Its 10,000 + cars, old friends, new friends, parts, parts and really cool cars.Yeah it ain't perfect, but neither am I!! If i am alive and healthy i'll be there. I'll be the sweaty looking zombie ,look for me.............

6. Rodders

Rodders

I’m going already have a room

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

No actually I’m thinking it was possibly 1993 or thereabouts

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. ... Yep ... Missed the flood the year before ... but made the 25th and caught pneumonia because it was unusually cold and damp ...
    ... Hoping the 50th has drier weather ...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Are you going Larry? HRP

10. Bill Rinaldi

Bill Rinaldi

We'll be there!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

The Louisville Nats for the last few years has had the attendance figures hanging at 10-11K cars. Bet with 2019 being the 50th Anniversary attendance should well exceed that.

I remember the 93 Nats had over 15K cars with hotel space difficult to find. I wouldn't wait too long in getting hotel reservations unless you don't mind driving a long distance back and forth each day.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Not this time Danny, it's a long way for me and work gets in the way.
    I do plan a future trip again however.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Gman0046

Gman0046

Just recieved a PM from a HAMBer advising the La Quinta hotel I referenced in a previous post was already fully booked for the 2019 NSRA Nats. That said it looks as if those who plan on attending better get hot on getting your hotel/motel reservations or risk staying a long distance from the Fairgrounds.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER and hotrodharry2 like this.
  14. I was told the same thing. HRP

15. Gman0046

Gman0046

Got to believe hotels/motels being completely booked this far means a good turnout for the NSRA 50th Anniversary. The more cars the better.

Gary

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Hmmm...Rather say : The more PRE-'48 CARS the better. Kinda like it was before you-know-who wanted to include...everything...

Algoma56 and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  17. Gman0046

Gman0046

I've been to several NSRA Nat's and the addition of 49 and up cars "fears" in my estimation have yet to materialize. The break down of pre 48 and post 49 cars has to be close to even. Besides I'm not a Streetrod fan and could care less about them as do most HAMBers. To me 50's and 60's cars are where its at. The NSRA has a thirty year sliding scale year cut off and yeah, your starting to see some Buick Grand Nationals but when there are over 10 thousand cars, you don't have to look at anything you don't like.
    Goodguy's events are the one who include ... everything up to and including 2018 models.

Gary

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    MO_JUNK and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  18. When ya gonna set up my tent on yer front lawn Gary ?

HOTRODPRIMER and pprather like this.
  19. I tried a couple of places yesterday and they are booked.

Dave has family that lives in the area and he is checking out motels for us. HRP

20. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

`yep were going, got rooms, friends going also. should be great! got to add on to garage so when I win one of those 2 cars, I will have a place to put it!:rolleyes:

21. I went to the 50th Grand National show. I went to the 50th LA Roadster club show. I intend to go to this one also. They have all been very special. :)

pprather likes this.
  22. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Shirt still fit?

23. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

shirt still fits? hell no

24. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Don’t be afraid to look for rooms in Indiana, we stay in Clarksville, only 4 miles from the state line.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Problem with staying in Indiana is that it will cost you $4.10 every time you cross the bridge. 4 days with a minimum of 2 crossings per day adds up. Plus if you go back to Louisville for the evening after freshening up at your motel that's another $8.20 per day.

26. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Only half the cost if you have EZ Pass, our room rate is inexpensive includes breakfast,park your car in assigned spot outside your door with easy acesss to 65 south.Ill gladly pay the toll.

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

One thing not mentioned about staying in Indiana other then the bridge tolls is the traffic on the Kennedy Bridge which is a huge bottle neck. Theres plenty of hotels/motels in Kentucky without having the bridge hassle. Some of my out of town friends have been staying at motels off of exit 17 on Interstate I-64 for years. Very safe area, lots of restaurants and about 15 minutes to the Fairgrounds. Search hotels/motels Middletown, KY.

Gary

28. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

We stayed in the Hurstborne area for years,exit 15C off I 64. Decided to search other areas when lodging prices got to be stupid money there. Good location,food choices,easy on / off but once they started pushing up over $150 + a nite we moved to Clarksville.
    To each their own.

40ragtopdown and lothiandon1940 like this.
  29. car doctor

car doctor

Danny, Any luck finding rooms? Myself and 2 friends plan on going and are looking for rooms also

30. Gman0046

Gman0046

Search hotels/motels Middletown, KY. Lots of motels off of exit 17 Interstate I64. I have oufrt of state friends that have stayed in that area for years. Safe with lots of restaurants in the area and about 15minutes to the Fairgrounds.