Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Are you able to Drive your hot rod or Custom year round?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jan 5, 2017.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Jeez! Is that some sort of Kurtis? Or? Hi, Dean! Gary

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. Lil32

Lil32

DSCN4136-1.JPG we can drive all year round here in Queensland Aussie

3. I drive the truck all year around in north Italy,it's getting colder this days but haven't seen a drop of rain in weeks!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Summer (December – February)
    69.8 - 85.6°F
    Autumn (March – May)
    59 - 77°F
    Winter (June – August)
    51.8 - 69.8°F.
    Spring (September – November)
    59 - 77°F.

Beautiful all year round. NO SNOW here in Brisvegas ;);) :D:D

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hey SE,
    You guys are in front of one of my favorite early surf spots, the Oceanside Pier. My niece and her family always go to the beach there. I gave one of my Lighting Bolt single fin surfboards to her and their kids take it to the pier. When they arrive, a ton of locals ALWAYS gather around and want to buy it on the spot. It is a classic collectible from the early 70's. But, it is on a wall in St. Louis, Mo. for now. A big move east... with Boeing.
    Your cars look just perfect for the time and location. It was a beautiful day. Congrats on a great outing.
    Jnaki
    I thought that RPU looked familiar. Comparing that cool RPU to that giant Prius is amazing.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. I am in Southern Ontario about a hundred miles north east of Detroit Mi
    Winters here are not as severe as other Canadian locations although being in between the Great Lakes means lake effect snow can dump on you anytime- salt and brine spread on the roads here means my car is stored from late November through to late April when the spring rains wash the salt off the roads .

Drive Em

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. badgeree

badgeree

I've only seen Snow about 4 or 5 times, so driving all year not a problem. About 100 Degrees today, no Aircon, but the Windows work. :)

mgtstumpy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  8. Living about 300kms south of the Brisbane guys I can drive year round also........tho, it does get a little warmer here in Grafton up to low 40's, 100+ from now till end of February..........andyd

mgtstumpy and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  9. 56shoebox

56shoebox

Ditto with my 31. As long as the roads are salt free in NJ.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. This 56 Chrysler Windsor is going to be my daily driver once I get everything straighten out on her.Bruce. 008.JPG

11. I now have a good idea of how you guys in colder climates get so much done over the winter,while we are out playing you guys are working. HRP

12. squirrel

squirrel

yeah, it's not fair, they don't have the distraction of nice, warm, sunny January days to lure them out of the shop!

13. We here in PA. are in the grip of some cold air. 28 for a high on sat. and we have some snow on the ground, and some salt on the roads. Takes a while to heat up the garage and get some work done. I hate winter!:mad:

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  14. Burkedore

Burkedore

Drove my ol Dodge Sweptline to work today, like I do everyday, it is -1° on the bubble. Boy oh boy are the low temperatures hard on the old girl. Everything is stiff and doesn't want to move right. A couple of times the clutch pedal stuck to the floor.

15. Yes , although it's cold this morning,15 , but back in the 70s by Sunday . I love Texas weather . Blue
    IMG_0324.JPG About 60 south of my house . Guess which side is Mexico. Where's that wall ?

16. upspirate

upspirate

Yep, it's a bitch trying to get hot rod or boat maintenance or projects done when it's nice weather pretty much year round
    It's supposed to get downright cold here on Sunday 55 high 41 low

Montana1 likes this.
  17. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Being a Florida native I dont worry too much about "winterizing" my cars. Summers are pretty tough.

18. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

HERE IN SUNNY SOUTH LOUISIANA WE GO CRUISING EVERY WEEKEND EXCEPT WHEN IT IS RAINING

19. SJ13

SJ13
    from PNW

[​IMG] took the beast to the exhaust shop on this clear & cold 34° day last week , no heater due to bad heater core ( removed & rebuilt ) just not installed also installed different gas pedal assembly so heat transfer plenum needs alteration , but I bundle up & drive her ...

20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

HOT RODSARE YOU ABLE TO DRIVE YOUR HOT ROD OR CUSTOM YEAR ROUND?

No..... No heater and it's too F'N cold ( ZERO )

21. Danny, I think you are going to get more snow than us this weekend???Bruce. 006.JPG

Arabie777 likes this.
  22. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Yep, had a nice drive New Years Day up Ortega Hwy over the hill, stopped at the top for a bowl of chilli, then down into San Clemente and back home from there.
    15800213_377800659278888_5030711285425388918_o.jpg

mgtstumpy and Flathead Dave like this.
  23. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

You must be farther south than me, San Diego I'm guessing. Gawd that is a beeeooootiful car! Wow!

HOTRODPRIMER and Special Ed like this.
  24. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Year around until last year when the state started using that brine stuff.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. I had planned on driving mine all winter as long as the roads are dry, it snowed this morning and will snow tomorrow. My heater in the car works well, I had it out 2 weeks ago just before Xmas. Since then I changed the wires that were burned due to a blown out exhaust donut. I have to find a helper and get the garage warm so I can drop the exhaust and put in new donuts and tack weld steel sleeves into the pipes.

26. Down here in central FL you can go to a cruise-nite every night of the week somewhere within a 50 mile radius, all winter long! :D:D:D

27. Most folk who live in places where it never snows or gets cold ususally have no idea how much of a pain in the arse the snow or cold weather can be. My kids see something on TV where it is snowing and will pipe up and say "wouldn't it be neat to see that in real life?,
    Sure, it would be something to experience , but I gotta hand it to you guys who get that cold white stuff in winter, and keep on working and driving in it!
    When it gets hot here, I sometimes work only once the sun has gone down, or get up early and can get stuff done until about noon. At least we can get lots of nightime cruising done.

28. 3 degrees! Brrrrr! Its still the reason I came here instead of building a place on my land in Whitewood! It was 27 below in Sioux Falls a few weeks ago. I like to say Prescott is the warm version of the beautiful Black Hills. You can drive a hot rod and even a roadster year around. We had a cold front come through last night so its bright and sunny and in the 40's today but it will be in the 50's and even the 60's this coming week. Summers are great, usually in the 80's and occasionally warmer but always back into the cool 60's at night, unlike the rest of Arizona.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Tman, Atwater Mike and JOYFLEA like this.
  29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I drive my '55 F100 every day, have a '60 Ford F100 wiper motor (American Bosch, good one) but every 5 years (7 times so far!) it hangs a brush. Remove it, polish the channel, good as new)
    I have all new stainless wipers and arms for it, but not installing them 'til young wife and I install the new gauges (Classics by Auto Meter) and my new wire harness. (when it stops raining here...This is the biggest storm coming since '71.)
    No wipers in the rain make a boy thankful for Rainex!