Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Are you a member of car club and what year was it established?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 14, 2015.

1. I have been a member of Tri-City Rod & Custom Car Club which was established in 1972. HRP

dana barlow likes this.
  2. Rckt98

Rckt98

I am a foundation member (and still active) of our local Franklin Street Rods. Established in 1976, the 1st meeting was in my parents lounge. I was honoured with a life membership some years ago. Our club is very strong with around 60 members and we own our own clubrooms.

1927graham and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  3. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Douglas Dukes Est. 2009 Douglas County Nevada. club was started by Mel Rose, a retired member of the Danville Dukes ( Northern Taxifornia ) The Douglas Dukes is a no officers , no membership dues , no rules club just showup to the functions if ya want to

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    HOTRODPRIMER and Blues4U like this.
  4. 3quarter32

3quarter32

I am a member of Tulsa Roadsters. Established in 1965. We celebrated our 50 year reunion last month.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I was in 3 clubs through the early 1960s,was very good guys an helpfull to all members,it was fun times. The internet were so many find parts now,was not around and we had only word of mouth between members an other frenids to hunt down stuff along with ,car mag's adds ,and with hunting the woods ect. This all helped out a lot with how to do things ,an those of us that could already do things like weld or paint ect. could help out other club members an buddy's. I welded,painted,plus striping n name's on cars,airbrushed crazy"Ts",so being in 3 clubs was nice contact beside the car shows.
    Road Rebels of Miami Fla. founded in 1955,I joined in 1963,invited in by Sam Kerr,RR was one of the biggist at the time. I was also in Road Saints of West Miami in same time frame. I was the Prez. of Scavenger's of Coconut Grove ,founded in 1957. There were a number of other car clubs ,Rod Benders,Cabriolets,Lighting Rods an The Ramblers < I'm forgetting a few names ,but the oldist car club I know of was the Coconut Grove"Grove Ranger's" I think they started in late 1940s,only all Flathead V8s. To give ya some feel for south Floida in the 50s an 60s. 015.JPG

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

Society's Finest KCMO started in 2010

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Streetscene Rod and Custom Car Club, Est. 1983. Affiliate of New Zealand Hot Rod Association.
    Formed by a motley crew of misfits who got chucked out of other clubs, or so I'm told:D
    http://www.hotrod.org.nz/StreetsceneRCC.php

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. santa28a

santa28a

Member of Fine Iron Rod & Custom Club Inc based in Ipswich Australia. Was founded in 1975 and we just had our 40th anaversary dinner. Have been a member from almost the very beginning only having missed the first couple of get togethers. The first meeting there was seven guys at and five of those were at the 40th with one unable to make it due to other commitments. The seventh guy was a mystery until he contacted us through our facebook page the next morning! I am currently the secretary and have been a life member for many years now. The pic below was taken by me on Easter Thursday 1978 as my mate Daryl and I were about to head off to the 78 Unnationals in Cowra (NSW)

Attached Files:

HOTRODPRIMER and dana barlow like this.
  9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Roadmates Car Club near Toronto. Established in 1956. Still a few of the original members.
    60th anniversary party next summer

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  10. Former member of the Virginia Chevy Lovers, 55-57 Chevy car club established in the mid 70's. This club originated from a Nomad club in SE Virginia and it's members were from that area. In the 1980's we had an annual car show in Va Beach on Memorial Day weekend that attracted cars from Richmond VA, NE North Carolina and eastern Maryland. The club is still around, but I don't think they do any annual shows.

Currently a founding member of The HEAPS. Originating in 2005 with three members, we have doubled in size. And we like it that way.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.
  11. Don,what year was the Roadsters club started? HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. West Allis Auto Club, est. 1961.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. Old Ford Coupe

Old Ford Coupe

Vintage Tin of Maryland established 1971.

VTM Plaque on 32  coupe.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. saltracer219

saltracer219

I have been a member of the Slo Poks, Vancouver U.S.A. for over 35 years. Founded in 1952, we still have a few charter members and are coming up on our 65th anniversary.

15. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Strokers Car Club of Galt (Cambridge) Ontario founded in 1954. Became a member in 1961 and we celebrated our 60th anniversary last September

Warren

16. ...........2012.:rolleyes:......................Not really a club in the true sense of the word. No meetings, no dues, just a handful of guys who all have roadsters and sometimes actually wind up going to the same functions.:D

57 HEAP likes this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

Yes, it started in 1988.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  18. Tri City Rod & Custom still has one founding member and 3,including myself that came along shortly after the club was started.

Over the years we have had as many as 40 members but today we have about 15 members that are active,I am the current president and have held ever office in the club,even back when we kept our treasury in a cheese ball can!:D

The original art work for our logo,it's primitive compared to what you see today. HRP

1932truck004.jpg

19. butch27

butch27

I belong to "Memories in Motion" established in 1975.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Vintage Tin of Western PA. 1970

21. coupe man

coupe man

"Wheels of Time Street Rod Association" Established 1977

22. Cool thread I'll be watching.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. Thanks man,I realize a lot of guys don't care for car clubs but back in the day they were a way for guys to seek out other like minded people.

As Dana pointed out,there wasn't a internet chock full of information and we relied on other guys to help find parts and help each other get our cars on the road.

The guys in the club have turned out to be more than just fellow club members but great friends. HRP

dana barlow and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. Photogs189

Photogs189

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

This thread made me laugh when I saw the picture. Sometime in the late 70's I painted the crossed Rebel and Checkered flags on my XR-75 dirt bike. I thought I invented it. Like most of my other bright ideas, I find out later somebody else had it first.:)

Probably primitive in their values and camraderie too...but you said it like it was a BAD thing. Cool to hear of all these old clubs and members that have been together for so long.

HOTRODPRIMER and dana barlow like this.
  26. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Charter member of the Piston Pounders formed in 1958 at Hoover High School in San Diego. There are just a handful of us left. DSC02308.JPG

kiwijeff, thegreek and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  27. I'm secretary of the Custom Classics, EST 1980

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Was a member of the Greater Vancouver Street Machines in the late seventies/early eighties (theres a few ex-member on here), it originally started out as a kind of Canadian version of Big Willy and the Street Racers after Mission was stolen by the BC government, but when it changed directions, I moved on. I'm not really a "club" kind of guy.
    Later on, I attended some meetings of the Canadian Pro-Street Assn. and had a hand in drafting the original rules for Real Street, but I never actually joined the club. It was really more of a regional sanctioning body for heads-up street car racing than a "car club" anyway.

29. I think there is still alot of use for clubs. Being around people that are on your level of interest helps you to stay motivated. Helping others out on their project gets you some help later, and getting to do something that you might have been reluctant to do on your own ride. I would be in a club for sure. But no clubs around me and my cars are more projects then drivers.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.