Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs are these repop 56 olds headlight ring any good??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Firecat7, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Firecat7

Firecat7

I see a repop ring from "FUSIK"....ARE THESE ANY GOOD OR SHOULD I HUNT DOWN N RESTORE SOME ORIGINALS????

2. "You get what you pay for" is the wise, old saying. But that doesn't mean the repops wouldn't do ya in your situation. If your Olds is stored warm and dry, and only comes out on sunny days, they might be fine and the cost not hard to take. But there's always some chance the chrome might flake off like a bowl of corn flakes anyway. Remember "China" and "Crap Shoot" both begin with "C". Even listed as "stainless" doesn't mean the same thing that you're thinking will be what they are selling.

On the other hand, restored and rechromed may be another crap shoot, too. A lot depends on who and how the restoration gets done...... and the cost. The best of all worlds is if you can find NOS for any price.

"Ya pays yer nickel, ya takes yer chances." Your choice. :confused:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  3. I think I have a decent set if your looking for those. Just have to remember where the hell I put em!

4. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

i have a set of fusick ones on my 56, had them on there 6-7 years. no pitting yet and they fit real nice. john