Register now to get rid of these ads!

are these hot rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldnuts, Nov 24, 2012.

1. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

i was looking through my grandpas stuff in my grandmas basement and found these things. he was a hot rodder that passed in the 80s. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Acorn nut covers for a Flathead across the bottom,,nut sure what the tall items are. HRP

3. are those tall pieces spark plug boot covers?

4. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Seems like a couple of years back someone on here had some similar-looking tube-like critters they were asking about. Someone ended-up answering (I think) that they were dress-up spark plug covers, and even had an old JC Whitney or other early catalog showing them. Or, maybe I'm just full of it. DD

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I believe the tall things were tailpipe extensions - from the look of them, the sound must have been less than pleasing

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

maybe not....now that I look at them next to the valve cover, they're likely too small to fit onto any kind of exhaust pipe, but I can't see how they would apply to a spark plug

dj

7. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

the spark plug covers makes sense they are damn near the same size as a plug. thanks for the reply. this is all the hot rod stuff we have left from him. my uncle sold all of his rides to buy a house so its nice to find these

8. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

9. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

thats way cool thanks for the link. i wish i had a flat head to use them on.