Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are new wheels made in the USA??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by student of steel, Nov 4, 2007.

1. My build is using 16X4 1/2 wheels and I am tempted to buy new ones from Coker as part of a tire/wheel package but I want to know if these things are made in the USA? Originals are a pain to find in MO in decent shape but if I find out that repops are not as good or made outside the border--then all bets are off and the hunt continues.

2. great question. coker is a member of the board so you should be able to get a straight answer. wheelkid may know also.

3. rotorwrench

rotorwrench

My guess is that they are made by Wheel Vintiques.

4. Everybody knows the best steel wheels are made by an American Ex-pat living in the South Pacific. He has a small foundry and melts down WW2 American, Aussie and Japanese equiptment. After the wheel blanks are stamped the parts are shipped to Lubbock Texas where his brother has a small assembly facility. They then market these wheels to most of the companies you see advertising them in the magazines.

5. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Most steel wheels are made in the USA.. The aluminum 22 and such are over seas... All my wheel parts are made in So. Cal then assembled, trued, and welded in my shop...wheel kid, vintiques and the others are us made also. Coker does not make wheels..they sell other makers wheels..Jason.
    www.earlywheel.com

6. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Jason is right on this one. Most new steel wheels are stamped in the US and all that I know of are assembled in the US. There is one steel wheel that I know of that is stamped in China and maybe one type of wire wheel. But my company doesn't use those parts, and I don't belive Early Wheel and Wheel Vintiques does either. Coker Sells mostly Wheel Vintiques Steel Wheels and Roadster wire wheels.

Jimmy