Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are moderators taking a harder line----

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by brianangus, May 24, 2009.

1. Albie

Albie

If the HAMB is so traditional why is Bonspeed an Alliance vendor? Love this site though.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. Thanks Bruce, you're speaking for me as well.

3. I wish we could ask :DGERM :eek:but he has disappeared off the board. That guy was awesome and one of the reasons why I waited (lurker from 2002-2008) until I shitcanned the VW (poor-boys hotrod) scene and got what my dream always was; a Model A to build up along the traditional lines within the HAMB gods liking :D.-Weeks

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  4. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Are moderators taking a harder line----

I sure hope so.

I had a classified pulled once. It was for a hot rodded 76 Chevy wagon. Too new for the rules. I just wasn't thinking. I was embarrassed as hell. It never occurred to me to bitch about the rules.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas... So sorry I've been slow to the jump last few days. I'm out of town for a family deal and have had to be off the site quite a bit as a result.

In any case, yeah... We have been hard asses the last couple of weeks. Typically, I don't think Brian's post on disc brakes would have been deleted. It's just that we've had more "street rod" posts as of late and we don't want the site to lean that way. And as a result, we decided to be a little strict against both contemporary and "rat rod" posts the last couple of weeks or so. It's purely an editorial decision and certainly not aimed at anyone personally.

I realize our system isn't perfect, but we honestly do the best we can.

Tech week coming soon. :)

6. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

kick ass.

7. autobilly

autobilly

8. A tempest in a tea cup:rolleyes:

9. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

212,000 threads.....

3.2 Million posts...

If a few get deleted I have to think it doesn't matter all that much... still plenty of reading about TRADITIONAL rods and customs, plus some other stuff...

There is no crying in Hot Rodding... :D

10. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

Ryan may not kiss my ass, But he will definatly Lick My Nut Sack!

It's way more satisfying for him...

[​IMG]

11. No, not really. The history of the HAMB is one of not tolerating O/T subject matter. It's what makes it such a great site. Otherwise it would end up like every other street rod site and this place is not for street rods or come one come all attitudes.

12. one thing I'd like to see if the mods are watching is to delete classified threads for sold items rather than just closing them. I get PM's for stuff I listed that's been gone for a year even though the thread is closed since they still come up in search.[/QUOTE]

You can delete your own ad by going to the bottom/right and hitting the "edit" button....this gives you a menu and "delete" is an option. Hope this helps..
    Rocky

13. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

"And as a result, we decided to be a little strict against both contemporary and "rat rod" posts the last couple of weeks or so. It's purely an editorial decision and certainly not aimed at anyone personally."

I,personally, am all for your tightening up on the kind of threads that you reference above........in fact, I wish you'd be even more strict when it comes to such off topic stuff........keep up the good work!

CB

14. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

15. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I get kinder tired of reading off topic stuff about " I lost my job" or the "cat had kittens" but they never seem to get canned.

Maybe we need a dribble section!

16. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Its a tough call sometimes, posting OT stuff.
    I'll tell you what though, when I posted my brain tumour thread last fall, the support I got from the folks on the HAMB was by far the most important and meaningful support ever.
    I certainly appreciate the support on other threads I've inquired in - fuel tank location, 32 vs model A frame for my Sedan, filling in my roof, etc...

Anytime a group of decent folks get together, you're gonna get some good old OT support when needed.

As far as OT car posts, we've pretty much had plenty and drawing the line can get blurry.

I knew my recent post regarding my ac/ charging issue was OT, which is why I dealt with it on my own for months before asking. Why?
    1) it involves Air Conditioning
    2) it involves an alternator, not a generator
    3) its an import alternator

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Actually, they almost always do... I also noticed you've never reported a post - why?

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

Its not easy to pull the plug on a Thread of a Person that is going through a really hard time.

Like the Lost My Job Threads, or a Death in the Family, or things like that.

But, sometimes ( most of the time ) it still has to be done, so we do it.

On the other hand...
    Somebody who is One-Eighthundry-fying his Hot Rod, and Posts a Thread to complain about the cost of his Catalog parts,
    Thats real easy.

This is not a Street Rod Site.
    Or a Rat Rod Site, for that matter...

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  20. silent rick

silent rick

thanks guys, you're doing a great job.

21. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Yes good job going on, cant be easy sifting threw all the crap.

Ryan
    On the report button thing.
    I can only speak for myself but sometimes the old hoodlum in me makes it hard to push the tattletale button. Being the principal? dude here, don’t know if you can relate.

22. Sounds like you at least have a sense of humor as well as other good attributes!

23. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I am guilty as charged ....

24. I get all that. I understand keeping the "race" pure.;) It's kind of like being Amish:D. I respect and admire the "Mission Statment". I think this is a great forum once a person gets it.:)
    I love Hot Rods and old cars as much as anyone
    but the grand scheme of things it just isn't that big of a deal. :eek: I think some of the spritually minded HAMBers would agree. :)

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yes, it is a big deal.

Because every O/T Thread pushes a good Relevant On Topic Thread one more slot down the Pages.

26. gee yer right

Last edited: May 26, 2009
  27. Allright. I don't really get it. I thought that "disc brakes" were considerably more "On topic" than a lot of what I see here.---Lesson learned. I will do my step by step post on replacing 1940 drum brakes with a disc brake kit on one of the other forums that I post on. Any body who is irrational enough to actually want to see this will have to go to one of the "other" rod sites I post on to see it. For those of you who insist that drum brakes are the only way to go---All I can say is "Happy Stopping"----Brian

28. Yeah, Metalshapes..you're just a moderator who's been around since 2002. Listen to the dude who's been here all of 4 months. He's got it all figured out.

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

And hopefully, someday, you will...

30. metalshapes

metalshapes

Oops... Sorry.:D

I'll do better next time. :) :)