Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are Kawasaki good tools?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bumpercarkid, Dec 27, 2008.

1. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

I went to Tractor Supply Company tonight. I have been looking for an electric grinder. On clearence I found a 2 pack of Kawasaki grinders. They are 4 1/2 inch. They were $60, down to $40. Is Kawasaki a good brand of tools?

Also I found a cool looking socket wrench. It is 1/2 drive and an L shape. It was $10. I thought it was a cool tool. :)

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

not sure, but they make a hell of a dirt bike...

i was surprised the other day to see a kawasaki dvd player...

3. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

No, I bought 2 drills with 4 batteries. Didn't last for shit and had no decent power. Complete GARBAGE.

4. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

doubt it's worth a shit.

5. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Thanks. I guess I will give them a try. About an hour and a half to return. haha

6. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

So, the ONLY one to answer (me) that they have owned them and that they were complete crap, and you are still going to go buy them????? Why even ask then:confused:

7. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

I bought them earlier and I just wondered if it was a good buy or if I was going to be sorry.

8. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

9. rusted_nut

rusted_nut
    from Arkansas

If it's any consolation, I'll take your advice and stay away from them, but then again I avoid their bikes like the plague already.

10. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I got an 8.5 amp 4 1/2 inch black and decker grinder for christmas, it is strong and orks good. It is about $50

11. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Give 'em a try and don't forget to let the rest of us know

12. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Yeah choppintops said he didn't like them. I bought them and will give them a try for sure. Will also let others know for sure.

13. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Make sure you compare it to a GOOD grinder. You see posts all the time on guys that "have never tried a tig and think that their HF tig works great",,,,, right up to the point they try a REAL ONE.

Straight scoop on the drills I bought. They were cheap. I bought them new. Straight out of the box, they were decent drills. Not Makita, but not HF either. Then 30-45 days later th batteries would hold a charge for about 1-2 minutes of straight drilling. This wasn't with 1 battery, this was with ALL 4. Within a year they couldnt even drill a self tapping screw into a .120 wall frame.

Good tools aren't cheap, cheap tools aren't good,,,,,,, same as hookers.

14. Mike53

Mike53

I have a kowalski drill,works fine.My son had two Kaw 80s worked awesome also,he's on a Suzuki now tho.

15. 53floored

53floored
    from kansas

My dad got a kawasaki cordless drill about 2 years ago and his still works fine and both batteries hold charge and its done all he has ever needed it to do including screwing in drywall some time you just get a bad apple

16. daddio211

daddio211

I only buy "brand name" tools. I was given a Kawasaki 19.2V cordless drill about 4 years ago for Christmas, to which I gave a fake thank you.

Charged the batteries and have used it ever since without a problem! I was given a VERY nice Dewalt for Christmas last year and I use that in the shop, and the Kawasaki at work. Honestly, I can't tell a difference in the performance, and I'm VERY picky!

One thing about the Kawasaki's: if you sent in your ownership registration card (like I do with all of my tools) you would have received a letter from them about 2 years ago. They claim that there were some bad chargers that were sent out that tend to damage the batteries. Just jump online and they will send you the replacement charger at no charge. It led me to beleive that if you had a bad battery they would replace that too.

No complaints from me, a happy Kawasaki cordless drill owner. :)

17. Kawasaki makes good stuff, always has. Don't know if they make hookers but if they do they make good ones.

18. old1946truck

old1946truck

I would go by a Craftsman or a Dewalt you cant break'em.

19. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

What's wrong with cheap hookers?

20. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Yea, I got the recall card, wasn't even going to take the time to have a shit tool get new parts. HF could hand out chop saws for free too, but wont be a line I stand in.

21. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Actually, I'll give it a fair shake. I just filled out thier recall thing on thier website for both chargers and all 4 batteries, and they are ALL under their recall. Once I get them (IF?), then I will give them a fair shake and recant IF (and I'm not banking on it) IF they are worth anything.

22. williebill

williebill

My first thought when I read the first post is why would you think that Kawasaki makes those tools? They might be OK,but remember how much stuff is sold with a known name attached that has nothing to do with who manufactured it.I'm in the bicycle biz,and I can promise you that the bicycles sold under that name are shit,and the only probable connection to Kawasaki is the royalty paid to them for using their name..Ever see Honda Racing bicycles?? More bottom end shit,and Honda makes as many of them as I do....NONE,but their name is "used" to sell this low end garbage...Jeep bicycles?? Same shit,using a name to sell worthless shit...Just a thought before anybody assumes that Kawasaki makes this stuff...Maybe,maybe not

23. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

You must not know much about bikes then also because they have won more chapionships in the past 4 years than any other brand out. But then again i guess there bikes are crap.

I mean James Stewart and Ryan Villapoto havent won much... just swept all there classes with ease...

And Roger Hayden sucks too huh three time champ doesnt mean much....

Make sure you read up on your bikes before you try to sound like you know....

24. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

First off, ALLTRADE makes them and just liscences the name for their tools. ALLTRADE has been a garbage tool at swap meats for YEARS. As for them winning bike races,,,,,,, and?

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'll take a Kawasaki over a Harley in a heartbeat. Even their cruisers have more American made parts. They're more reliable, they're faster, they handle better. They're on par with all the other makes for sure...

26. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Used to ride a Kawasaki Voyager XII . great dresser but they dont make em anymore so no im riding a Harley and I love it so to each their own and thats why we different makes and models of everything.. I was looking at sears drills the other day and eneded up buying a black and decker 18v at menards and i got the extra year replacement warranty so its got 3 years of warranty... Shit for 80 bycks with 2 batteries in 4 years i can toss it if i want. I have a sears 19v in the garage thats ok (I never did klike the chuck) and ive got an 18v sears at work that runs too slow and the batteries are pretty bad so i treated my self to this B/D to take to work.
    Dave

27. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

Harley's making cordless drills now,too?

28. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

funny ..... :rolleyes:

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta be better than the two wheeled things they make!

30. thads31

thads31

Williebill's got it. They are licensing their name to go on anything and everything. My kids got a "junk" set of walkie talkies with the Kawasaki name on them for Christmas. Odds are the grinder is not even made by the same company that makes the drills. It's a crapshoot. You may get a decent one or you may get junk.