Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Are all 59 and 60 GM wagons the same, but different?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by papajohn, May 7, 2015.

1. papajohn

papajohn

I'm working on a 60 Olds Fiesta wagon and wondering if the seats, door panels, carpets, headliners etc will interchange between Olds, Chevy, Pontiac and Buick? I know the fabric and styles are different, I'm thinking mainly for fit.

2. squirrel

squirrel

I'd be surprised if the floors are the same, since the frames are different. Other than that...maybe...but I'd look at how long they are, if you can find some good side view photos you could compare the length of the rear quarter glass, for example. If the length of the roof is different, the headliner won't interchange. And back seats might be different where they meet the floor.

3. First thing I'd check is wheelbase, if there are differences in WB, then I would think interior will be different also.

4. BSL409

BSL409

Headliners are all the same size door panels are all different and seats some might interchange I have nice roof stainless off pont wagon if you are looking

5. Pappa john, do you have any pictures to show how she coming along? Thanks Bruce.

6. oldolds

oldolds

Wheelbase can change due to longer front fenders. Length added in the front.
    As to the question about the soft interior parts. I would check glass interchange. If glass is the same chances are the door panels and headliner will fit. The next question is, are there any 50+ year old parts out there in good enough shape to be worth the change? Are you asking because Chevy parts are available in reproduction?

Hnstray likes this.
  7. papajohn

papajohn

Thanks for the input guys. I'm sure floors are different. Olds is the only one with rear leafs (I think).
    I was mostly thinking seats and door panels. I'm pretty sure they are the same. I was pricing replacement aftermarket seat covers and found that the stock 59 Chevy stuff is pretty cool for a few bucks more, but cheaper than Ez-Boy. then I saw the stock 59 Chevy door panels and really liked those. Crazy expensive, but I have done door panels before and they are a bit of a pain.

8. papajohn

papajohn

Will post pics when I have some progress.