Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ardun heads at "yard sale"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BigO, Jul 7, 2007.

1. JAWS

JAWS

I wonder if her late husband really was intending on sticking those on an old ford tractor. Or was he just telling her that so she wouldn't be suspicious of him hoarding hotrod stuff for the car he really was intending to build......:rolleyes: :confused: ;)

2. They would look cool on an old Ford tractor with a flatty in it...but what a waste that would be.

3. NostalgiaT

NostalgiaT

Great Man like you said there is some of that stuff out there I know have found items like that bought a beautiful vitage guild D 25 made in 72 for 40 bucks what the dude was asking for it. Now If I can find a nice 4x2 intake for my SBC for a few hundred I would be set LOL

4. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Great score, and just like the late husband found out, "You can't take this stuff with ya when you go"

5. I've never seen a better reason to "build a car around those parts"!!Glad to see a Hamber score those.;)

6. Thanks again fellas!!

7. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Do you know the family name. I knew a guy that moved to NC from Dallas area named Jim Grey. He had a set that was identical shape and parts missing, I saw them when we were moving him into his house in De Soto. Back in 92. We both worked at the SSC Lab. Was there a Bridgeport mill for sale too. He had one of them.

8. 29SX276

29SX276

Congrats on the score of the century! Now wouldn't it have been a bitch if you had only a few bucks in your jeans and couldn't talk the good lady down in price!:(

9. Muttley

Muttley

Score of the year so far. Thanks for letting us know what you paid for them....................it drives me up the wall when someone says "Hey, look what I got!" and wont tell you how much they paid.

10. Flatattack

Flatattack

Yeah, what Muttley said. We're all curious with this sort of thing but envious of you for scoring Ardun Heads, more envious that you paid $300 bucks. And cudos to you for not offering her $200!

You do know though that you'll be banned for life if they turn up on ebay in 2 months time:D :D :D

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

that beats the 2 Culver City V-8 Halibrand rears I traded a battery charger for by a LONG SHOT......

12. tinmann

tinmann

I went to a farm auction once upon a time and the first item I bid on was a Model A truck box... I got it for $10, next was a '28 Sports Coupe body I got for $5, then I got a '28 tudor body on a frame with three fenders for $1, and finally a bare '28 tudor body missing a door for $0.50.

Your story is better.

13. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

UNREAL......I cant find nothing more than baby clothes, kitchen ware & just overall crap!..Then again you paid the most "i've" ever heard of at a yard/garage sale...sooooo...You got took..hahahahahahahahaha...

Let me know if your 'score' some Kinmonts next there 'my buddy ol pal'...

14. oktr6r

oktr6r
    from Tulsa

Yeah, flathead powered Ford tractor with Ardun heads...

15. ray

ray
    from colorado

ya know what probably happened?

dude buys these years ago, for the going rate, or near the going rate. gets home and no way in hell can he tell the wife he just dropped at least a few grand on some heads that are missing parts, she just wouldn't get it. so he tells her he paid 3 bills for them, so she ain't too pissed. years later he dies, so she puts "what he paid for them" as the asking price.:eek:

anyway, helluva score.

16. flatoz

flatoz

I reckon its great that someone has them and that they didnt get melted down or stuck somewhere to corrode or knocked about.

it will still cost you a few bucks to get them to where they need to be, but build the motor and put it in a car, you will never have as much fun as thinking on how you got those heads.

17. Im wiyh Flatoz on this one....but I STILL hate you !!

Unbelievable score man....fark im jealous hehe.

Rat

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  18. Damm....excellent score, and kudos for paying the lady what she was asking.

We have found a few things at yard sales (we collect Vintage Barware) and trying to not do the Happy Dance when you see something like that is tough!!

19. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Nobody has asked what your plans are for them? What will they go on?.......

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you are one lucky bastard. I am the guy who pulls up to garage sales as some lucky bastard is loading ardun heads in the trunk of his car.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I dont care if they end up as a coffee table, at least there safe now!

22. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

this is at least the coolest thing i've seen in awhile. you know i'll be stopping at every yardsale from now on right??!! :) great friggin score......but you sure dont need me telling you that!

23. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

I am familiar with the feeling of trying to hand over the money without making it too obvious. You're supposed to do it as if only half interested, yet quickly. But not too quickly.

I usually end up tearing the bills ripping them out of my wallet, while looking back and forth for the loudmouth neighbor who wants to set her straight, or another prospective buyer who might blow the deal.

Once in a lifetime score. Thanks for posting!

24. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

ok so now the going rate for ardun heads is 300 bux, that should bring down the prices on the rest of the ardun heads for the rest of us :D

25. jaqasse

jaqasse
    from so cal

Well at least now when the guys at the swap meet see the Arduns my buddy is usuall is selling and look at me like im an idiot and say"how much for those old heads" and i reply " i heard there worth 500 dollars .....but i want 15 thousand for them" im not that far off ..

26. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Man that's fricking cool!
    How many times you think the late husband has turned in his grave over this?

27. Nice score, although I think it may have used up a fair chunk of your lifes good fortune. But worth it :D

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

How did you know to stop there, was there an ad in the paper listing someting you thought you wanted.. was it just a chance drive by... do you go to alot of garage sales ??? and this just happend to be one of the random stops

29. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Great Buy Man! What can You say. A lot of Drooling going on!

I like Lost Angel's "A" on this post. Cool