Register now to get rid of these ads!

Appleton mounting on a 46 Ford.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod-kenny, Dec 28, 2008.

1. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Hi!

I am going to mount a complete set of NOS appleton 112 on my 46 ford coupe, but I have the wrong mounting brackets.

what is the difference on these brackets, is it just the angle?

Are there different inside mounts aswell?

Anything else I need to think about?

Anyone on here know where I can get the right brackets.

Thanks.

2. spinner

spinner

I used a set of mounting brackets from a set of old cal custom dummy spots that i found dirt cheap at a swap meet .

3. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I think Appletons were stickly a universal spotlight, not made for specific models. (Most) all the ones I've seen have had the outer mounts ground on to fit the car's post and the inner arms bent to match. Scarey to do, but you'll have to do the same. I've heard that the repro dummy spots that were made in the 80's-90's have mounts that will fit the original 112's. If you can find a pair of those to modify, that would save the chances of screwig up some real ones.

4. fms427

fms427

I'm just going thru this on a nice set of Unity spots for my 49 Ford. I found that 1) there are about as many sets of brackets as there are cars - they are pretty much specific to the usage; 2) Unity still offers these "installation kits - even for really old cars - on their web site. I have not ordered them yet, 'cause the installation kit costs about twice what I paid for the spots :eek:!! Still hoping to find some at a swap meet. f Appleton is still in business :confused: they may still sell parts.

5. Chad s

Chad s

They came with a universal mount. You had to special order the correct ones to fit your car, and work in conjunction with the patterns and drill guide that came with the spot.

Kenny, you need the same ones listed in my signature. I need them too!

6. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

I dont have any patterns or drill guide either. Anyone got it and can post a pic.

I have`nt got the spots here to look at, and I have no clue on how to mount them. Could`nt find a tech thread about it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

7. Rikster

Rikster

Different car though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

Hotrod-Kenny:There are specific mounting brackets for the appletons on each car. I have the pattern for them, as i'm putting a set on my 42 merc convert.There is a company that has the correct brackets, as I had to get a pair from them for my merc.Drop me a PM & i'll look for the card I have, so you can contact them. They are really great people to deal with.
    Bill

9. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Thanks Rikster! that helps.

10. Take a look on the 'Bay'.

I read something a while back that indicated parts etc. for spotlights were on there.

11. oldlites4u

oldlites4u
    from GA.

If the are dummy's:):) that all .
    We have both flat and angle , call if we can help
    jim 678 687 6866

we need vintage lights and compasses ??