Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Appleton fog lights

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 1950mercsled, Feb 18, 2018.

1. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

I got a single Appleton fog light at a swap meet I really like the style, but I am not sure if they are too early to put on my 50 Merc. Does anyone have any info on these I have seen them called "Lorraine" before. The beat up on is mine thanks

Attached Files:

2. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

This is a nice one I saw on here

Attached Files:

3. cracker head

cracker head

552’s are the ticket...

4. Squablow

Squablow

How would you mount those to a 50 Mercury? Were you thinking about converting them to a spotlight to mount on the A pillars? That might work, with some clear lenses and some spotlight bases, they have a nice long teardrop shape and I like the rib on top. But they were originally intended to clamp onto the front bumper brackets of a late 30's or 40's car. That's what those cast iron brackets are for.

5. I might add why would you want to mount them on a Mercury, especially if it's that good looking Merc in your avatar? IMHO they are add ons that would look out of place on a cool custom.

Mick

6. 1950mercsled

1950mercsled
    from oregon

I was going to use them as fog lights not spot lights.
    Haha that's not my car. Probably should have said that. Mine is a lot more beat up and definitely more ratty. But knowing now that they are much older than I thought they won't go on the car.

thanks for the input guys

lurker mick likes this.