Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Appears Radir is having website problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manicmachanic, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Fordors

Fordors

What if the OP just wanted to check their online catalog? Not everyone is ready to place an order and visual images can be helpful, as are specifications.

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't understand why a company would allow these issues to continue, presuming that they want to stay in business.

My website is up, and I don't even operate my business anymore.

Carlos Everhard and XXL__ like this.
  3. town sedan

town sedan

I used several old yellow pages to mockup the seat height in my roadster.
    -Dave

4. town sedan

town sedan

Maybe they're planning to make their own in some Asian country.
    -Dave

5. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I'm not normally one to jump to conclusions either but I PAID for a set of wheels almost a month ago that I was told were in stock. I have emailed every week and can't get a reply. I've called and got Rich twice and once he said he'd check and call me back because "maybe they needed to be drilled or polished" but he didn't call back. The other time was on a Friday and he said he couldn't get an answer from the California warehouse because "They leave around noon to go cruising".
    I know they don't answer the phone when they go to shows for a week and they don't answer emails either. I think it's a small outfit as far as personnel goes. Maybe just Rich? But it's been frustrating. I had to buy another set of wheels from Coker just to get my project mobile. I don't know what else to do except hit my credit card company up for a stop payment here soon. I'd much rather have the wheels than a refund. They make a real cool product and I want to support it but when you don't get an order, don't get responses, the website goes down, it's kinda hard not to get nervous.

6. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Interesting picture. Nobody is there either. ;)

8. 5window

5window

Website down, yes, could be technical. Not answering the phone, might be busy, might be away-ever hear of call forwarding? UncleScooby waiting on product and can't reach Radir-BIG problem. Not questioning their product, but I'll ask again WHEN was the last time any HAMBer got their order completed? Personally, a lack of communication ability when I am waiting with money in hand to order something is a bit of a red flag about what might happen after they have my money. You money may be different.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  9. Sorry to here if your having problems. I've gotten a couple pairs of their slicks. I've always just called and ordered them. Then I picked them up. It saves me the shipping cost. I do hope they fix their problems though. I can only say that they been very friendly and, great to deal with. I was glad to see that they were still in business. They do have some very cool tries and wheels. I do hope things work out for you. Ron....

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  10. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

[​IMG]

bowie and wvenfield like this.
  11. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

So they weren’t in stock a month ago, they weren’t being drilled or polished two weeks ago, but they did reply today and said they are being cast now.
    So there’s definite communication issues but the important thing is that they appear to be alive and well. That’s good. I don’t wish anyone ill. And hopefully wheels are being made now and shipped soon. Obviously I would like to have them even though the wheels I ordered from Coker shipped with tracking 93 minutes after I ordered them.
    I will keep you posted but hopefully this all ends well and was just a glitch for everyone for a couple of weeks.
    They are cool wheels and neat slicks and I hope Radir sticks around for the long-haul

OLSKOOL57 likes this.
  12. 5window

5window

Hope so,too.

13. the deal with radir is they are a small company that makes small runs of wheels and tires. they don't have the capital to make hundreds of sets of wheels or tires at one time. they make what they can as fast as they can. as far as the Chinese wheels go you get what you pay for. radir uses a special alloy to make their wheels. they stay shiney a lot longer than the others. radir carries a full selection of center caps and lug nuts for their wheels. their tires are all brand new with no retreads. they are not the biggest but for sure the best. give them a break.

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I agree with all of that. I don’t feel like I’m being hard on them. I ordered something and was told it was in stock. I paid and couldn’t get a response for a month through phone or email and other people apparently couldn’t reach them to even place orders.
    You can see how that might be concerning. No one questions the quality of the product. That’s why we are trying to buy it.
    I get the small business thing and the show schedules. Communication is the key to everything.
    That’s all that seems to be lacking here.
    Silence breeds rumors. So do dead websites.
    Not shipping orders or responding to messages after payment probably doesn’t help. But if it ends well, I’ll buy more in the future.

5window, Blue One, chopndrop and 2 others like this.
  15. oldolds

oldolds

unclescooby likes this.
  16. OLSKOOL57

OLSKOOL57

You are not being hard on them. They told you that they were in stock and excepted your money. Good business would dictate that they should have advised you that they have to be cast and you would have understood and probably paid anyway and not be worried as you have been. Sounds like a serious communication problem. Also, word of mouth goes along way. Hey, I like Radir products too, have since the 60’s. I want to get rid of my Chinese unilug cragar 5 spokes and get Radir wheels and piecrusts. I very much want them to stay in business but good customer service is also important.
    Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B[/QUOTE]

Last edited: May 2, 2019
  17. 5window

5window

This thread is more than two weeks old without a lot of resolution to the problem stated. Nice article on This Guy's Garage. Nice note that wheels will be shipped from the foundry this week, but to where/whom? Don't they need finishing, inspection, truing? Great designs, but there just isn't a good feeling yet. Hope I am wrong.

18. 5window

5window

Nice to see the website is back up. No mention of waiting time or shipping. Perhaps you find that out when you order.

19. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I’ll update here when I hear something again so that you know.

dirty old man and 5window like this.
  20. 5window

5window

Two weeks. Any news?

21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Nothing. No wheels. No further updates.

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Just the fact that they thought it was funny is a flag waving. I have not wanted to order anything from them, but I would not do so unless I had heard from them or saw some evidence that they took something like this more seriously.
    Is he a member here ?
    The lack of response here if so is another warning sign.

A set of slicks might be nice to have in the future. :confused:

23. bchctybob

bchctybob

I hope they are healthy, I need to order a pair of 10.00-15 slicks from them. Looks like Speedway and Moon have dropped them from their web catalogs. I'll call them today and see what's up.

24. bchctybob

bchctybob

Ok, I just talked to the guys at Moon. Moon still is a west coast supplier but no longer stocks the tires that's why they don't show them in their online catalog. No problems there, you just have to order them.
    I just pulled up the Radir website with no problem then called them. I talked to Rich and ordered a pair of 10.00-15 slicks that should ship today. No problems there either. I didn't mention the issues discussed here but it seems all is well in Radir-land.

Blue One and unclescooby like this.
  25. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Good to hear. I have not called him yet as he said they were shipping from a foundry two weeks ago. I don’t know where they’re shipping to or if they still need to be drilled and polished or whatever so I thought I would give them another week before I call to check

26. Communication and truthfulness with the customer is job # 1. If a business cannot do both well, they generally are not a business for too long. I want Radir to succeed because I'm looking to pickup a set of their slicks soon and I believe they make a good product.
    The rub for me is calling this a communication issue. To me, a communication issue is something like ordering an 8 inch wheel and mistakenly receiving a 10 inch wheel. Being bullshitted is being told the wheel is in stock. Then being told the wheels are being drilled/polished. Then being told the wheels are being cast. There is a big difference between the two. I hope for everyone involved the outcome is a positive one.

27. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I emailed Monday and left a voice mail Wednesday. No reply to either and the voice mail did not indicate anyone being out this week. Id sure love an update. It’s going to stretch into its third month next week.

28. 5window

5window

I feel bad for Unclescooby and anyone else in this situation. You'd have to be a fool moving forward to order wheels and pay upfront until this is resolved. One needs to wonder about the quality as well, because sometimes things are cheapened to spread out the expense. Too. bad.

29. Mike

Mike

For a lot of years, over many thousands of miles, on many long distance highway trips, I drove with Radir slicks on a couple of different machines without any issues. They lasted a long time, I drove on them for years, until they just plain wore out.

In recent years, any time I've tried to do any long distance driving with recently made Radir slicks, I have had at least one of them start to come apart. This has caused my to re-think my drive everywhere on Radir slicks idea. I'll drive with them in town, but I won't trust them for any long distance highway driving.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  30. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I drove on my slicks on a 59 F100 for years. It was my daily driver. I loved them and had zero issues. Hoping my new ones are the same and they should be. I’ve never had an issue with Radir quality.
    The only issue I’ve got is that I can’t seem to get a reply on the last two wheels that I ordered from stock months ago. My calls and emails have not been returned in the last two weeks since the email I got that said they were shipping from the foundry, that came weeks after the time I reached them on the phone when I was told maybe they were being drilled and polished, which came weeks after I was told they were in stock and would ship the next day.
    I’d be okay if I got any communication. But currently I’ve just been out $700 for months and am having my first bad experience with them.
    I’m genuinely trying to support a business that makes cool products.