Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything that can be done with a duece 4 door sedan?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspeedwagon, Nov 11, 2012.

1. chevyfordman

chevyfordman

32 fords and 33 plymouths are the only two four doors that i like, even stock. I wouldn't hesitate a second on buying a 32 four door as they are beautiful. The president of Mid West Deuces drives one all the time. Just get it. good luck

2. Uhhhh, note to self: Change Will. :D

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Loan Officer? Man, if you have to borrow money to finance a build, you need to find a hobby more suited to your income stream. I would never consider asking my CU or bank to loan me money to indulge my lifestyle choices - if you can't afford it using money you've saved for that purpose, then that's just sad.

4. They have always been "Grandma" cars here because two door cars weren't uncommon. Seems like in nearly every movie I've seen made in Austrailia/Europe(never been there), all the older cars are fourdoors, leading me to believe two doors were uncommon. To me a nice four door is just that; a nice four door, NOT A HOT ROD.

5. A lot of guys here have worked hard but never achieved a VP of a Banks job along with the education it takes to to succeed and receive the salary and benefits it would afford.

Many people live there lives day to day paying a mortgage and raising a family,,some folks have to borrow money to pursue their dreams,,calling guys out is whats sad!:confused: HRP

6. I am going to agree with HRP here, Deuce more doors have been hot rodded about forever, they seem to be the exception to the tule on more door verses tudor.

7. We will agree to disagree,,I've always liked the deuce 4 door,,heck the 33 and 34 for that matter,,I don't consider it a "Grandma" car but since I am a "Grandpa" maybe it's just an old greybeards HOT ROD!

BTW,,I always thought of Buick Riviera's as "Grandma" cars :D HRP

8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I'm not a 4 door kinda guy...... except 32-34.

Lets face it- a 32 4 door sedan looks cooler than alot of other year 2 doors.

Plus- it's a 32!
    Get off your ass & buy it!

9. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

32 4dr is probibly the rarest of the 32's.how many have you seen compaired to 3w's? we had one in 74 when we had 3 kids we took to shows, i wouldn't have traded for any other body styles. had a 2dr. and 3 3wds liked the 4dr best.

10. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

Man, if the photo's shown in this thread havn't answered your original question I don't know what will?!....rad cars. And HOTRODPRIMER your four door was sick.

11. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

What's wrong with a 4 door? They make a damn nice car. This one is my brother's car. . .

[​IMG]

12. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You know, I was going to say something snarky and awfull about my hatered of all things four door until I saw this[​IMG]Damn, beautimus!!!

13. Thanks guys- those are some beautiful examples. Especially like the chopped highboys. I made the call, I'll let ya'll know if I'm able to drag it home. It'll be my first pre 40s so kinda new territory for me.

14. BigMikeC

BigMikeC

Nothin special, but I like it.

Attached Files:

15. mlagusis

mlagusis

I was going to mention Hot Rod Primer's old 32 but he beat me to it. Love that car.

16. First hotrod, eh? I can't think of a better choice than a 32 ford. Personally, I wouldnt' drive any 4 door car....except a 29-34 ford. I like 'em a lot better than the 2 door sedans...especially with full fenders and lowered a bunch.
    My neighbor recently passed away and he owned a roached-out but driveable 32 4 door sedan. His best friend ended up with it and this guy knows nothing about hotrods. I gotta go talk to him....

17. HA HA no shit I imagine a lot of older people bought them when they were new.

18. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Buy, drive and enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't look at those 2 extra doors, while looking forward thru the windshield anyway,.............

Happy Roddin' 4TTRUK

19. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

hate to be a prick... but this comment in the first post " I've been trying to imagine what the hell I can do with it and not look like what I am (a guy that can't afford a 2 door). " would indicate that instead of driving what he likes, he is more worried about what others think of his wheels...

really man.... the four door can be a cool car--and practical... buy it and get over the worries about what others may think.. If people don't like your choice in cars--and they need to be the type of ass that says so--don't friend them on facebook...

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

people are just strange. if I heard of a car for sale I was not interested in the last thing I would do is come here to ask strangers if they thought it was cool or not.

21. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Awwww you just beat me to it.....but Ditto

22. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

23. As Solo 909 so wisely said, “Two-doors Are For People With No Friends!”

JimSig

24. John Stimac

John Stimac

Love my 4-door, its become the car of choice out of my 5 cars. All my young car Buddies love it too. It kinda grows on you.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      84 KB
      Views:
  25. Jim,
    That would be me. :eek: :p

26. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

LOL! Don't forget to put an automatic in it, because clutch pedals are too hard on the old, brittle hips.

27. tbird37821

tbird37821

This is a 34 four door but they were cool even way back when. This is from an article from July 1960 Hot Rod magazine . I have 2 34's and both are 4 doors, love them.

[​IMG]

28. fatkoop

fatkoop

I've had a deuce mordor for more than 30 years and wouldn't trade it for any other '32 body style except possibly a 3 window. Same goes for '33's and '34's.

29. Well said, Propwash! I love it.

And to the OP—don't buy it! Someone who can appreciate it for what it is (Bad Ass) deserves the chance to buy it. You just save your money for something you think everyone else would want or think is cool.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad