Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anything hot rod related in Dayton,OH this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wesley, May 15, 2008.

1. Wesley

Wesley

I am going to be in the Dayton Ohio area this weekend. Is there anything hot rod related/ H.A.M.B. friendly going on?

2. Bronze

Bronze
    from Parma

Kil Kare Dragway is in Xenia, which is about 25 min east of Dayton. Always good on a Saturday night. There is an A&W Root Beer stand on Woodman Drive. Not sure if anyone cruises it anymore, haven't been there in awhile.

http://www.kilkare.com/

...and stay out of the north end of Dayton

3. Wesley

Wesley

I was thinking about going to KilKare. My wife grew up in Xenia and Centerville so she is familiar with the area and I know she wont let me get into any trouble. LOL

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

PM BlktopBandit. He lives there and checking out his stuff is worth the trip. Have him then call HulaZombie and head to his place and check out his stuff as well. Then you guys could all go to Spoons, then Vance's.....you get the picture...LOTS of HAMB guys in the area. Too bad it's not going to be next weekend as Brian, BTB, is having a HUGE overnight hot rod bash at his place.

5. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

6. Wesley

Wesley

Dang Denise, I should have just PMed you to begin with, you always have the 411 no matter the location.:D This trip was originally planned for mothers day but got pushed a week so we could be home for my daughters prom. Next week is out because I will be at Indy.
    I will take your advice and PM BlktopBandit once I get a little better idea of our schedule. The long and short of it is instead of visiting my mother in law at home we have to visit her at the nursing home/rehab center, so it looks like we will have our evenings free.

7. Wesley

Wesley

Thanks for the info. I am not sure what my schedule will allow, but I should be able to get out for a little while.

8. PennState

PennState

Sunday, May 18th, the Cinci Street Rodders have ther annual show at the Butler County Fairgrounds, located in Hamilton OH. Depending where you are in Dayton the drive should be 30 - 45 minutes. It is a very good show with cars that have been in national magazines such as the '36 Ford that is in the current Street Rodder.

9. custom

custom
    from Ohio

Wesley,
    In addition to the cruises and shows do yourself a favor and check out the Packard Museum downtown:
    http://www.americaspackardmuseum.org/

And if the weather doesn't cooperate (we're supposed to have a chnace of rain over the next 5 days) you can see some real speed demons like the SR-71 out at the Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB.

10. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

There's a sanding-fest at my house this weekend! I'm trying to get the coupe at least in primer for the Dayton Get-Together. PM me for details. Chances are I can talk the wife into some cookies...

Vance

11. Wesley

Wesley

I am staying at my mother in laws house in Germantown. Keep in mind I have only been going to this area for 7 years and only 2-3 times a year at that. My wife grew up there so I am sure that she can get me wherever I need to be. LOL

12. Wesley

Wesley

I did not know about the Packard Museum, I may have to check into that. I have wanted to go to the air force museum but have never had the time. According to my wife, I will need at least 2 days to see everything at the air force museum. (I tend to stand and stare at shiny things that go fast and make alot of noise)

13. Wesley

Wesley

hhhmmmmmmmmm,,, Lets see I am not sure if I know how to sand while I am sober, and I quit drinking 3 months ago when I discovered I was getting too fat to fit in my race car, so there seems to be a conflict:cool:

My dad always told me if god had wanted me to sand anything, work concrete, or do drywall, he would not have made the Rio Grande so shallow.:eek:

My favorite thing to is hang out with hot rodders and racers to trade lies, ummm, I mean stories of how fast we are, ummm I mean were.;)

Did somebody mention cookies?:)

Let me see how things look when I get there tomorrow around noon. My wife may be looking to get rid of me by Saturday morning.:D

14. PennState

PennState

Ask the inlaws to direct you to Ohio 4 south. Once you get on that road it is a straight shot into Hamilton. As you enter Hamilton the fairgrounds will be on your left. Per Map Quest you are about 22 miles or 35 minutes from the fairgrounds.

15. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I'll be at the Cincy Street Rods cruise in Sat night, maybe the show Sunday. We may cruise up to Waffle House possibly.

16. Wesley

Wesley

Thanks to all that have offered suggestions for activities for this weekend. I was too tired to make it to the cruise night at the kmart tonight.
    Vance I am not sure about tomorrow, I need to see why the engine light is on in my mother in laws camry. If I get that done quickly I will give you a shout.