Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone where to get 55 Chevy sedan delivery panels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RacerRick, Oct 27, 2011.

1. RacerRick

RacerRick

Anybody know where to get 1955 Chevy Sedan delivery window panels? The ones that go on the rear where the glass goes....

My business is getting busy and I think I am going to take the 55' Handyman wagon I have been taking a break from, and convert it to a sedan delivery so I can use it to haul gear around.

2. speed-kings

speed-kings

3. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

They are not reproduced, have you tried ChevyTalk or trifive web sites and ask for someone to help with pic's/ measurements.

4. roughneck424

roughneck424

5. roughneck424

roughneck424

Henry was quicker on the keyboard than me:) Oh well its a good site anyway

6. ...ditto......I know Rick in the past any of the guys down my way if they were converting any older wagon or early sedan to a delivery just did their own metal work or had someone who had the skills to do it..do it.........I'm quite sure those panels won't be avaible thru any jobber.

Best of luck with the build and good to hear you have a second wind on the 55.

7. THREE ROOMS DEEP

THREE ROOMS DEEP

On epay there is a guy selling them from a 57

8. RacerRick

RacerRick

I believe 55 and 57 are the same. Do you have a link? I can't find it on ebay.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  9. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

why not have the glass lettered and painted from the inside.

10. Can't be that hard to make, they're pretty much just flat metal except for where they wrap around the back.

11. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Try this guy he's knows how to get parts. David Mortenson at [email protected]
    good luck I hope he can help you. He picked up some stuff for my 56 Delivery and at a very good price.

12. john walker

john walker

gotta be one of the easiest panels in the world to make.

13. koolkemp

koolkemp

They do have a compound curve to them...I had a decent set a few years ago couldnt give them away when I moved across the country they ended up in the scrap pile...kinda made me sick :( I guess this means you are back on the ol rustbucket ? Thats exactly what I would do with that car as too. Just make yer own wont be too hard and wont cost much either.

14. jbh

jbh

Did you ever find the panels you need? I have them plus a whole bunch of other 55-57 sedan delivery parts. Jay 302-322-1833 [email protected]

15. Ramblur

Ramblur

My 57 wagon had already been converted when I bought it in 75. The factory panel has a *step* (I know thats not the correct term) around the circumference that locates it and strengthens the edge. Inside the factory used 3 vertical braces and then a horizontal one connected to the vertical
    ones and bracing the center of the panel to keep it from oil canning. The interior trim board also mounted to these braces. Hard to describe,if you'd
    like some pics let me know.