Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Anyone watching Mecum Louisville?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThisOneGoesTo11, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Wow -some nice cars going for bargain prices- on NBCSN on my cable

1961 Catalina 2dr = $6000
    1958 Bonneville 4 dr = $9500

2. Aaron65

Aaron65
    from Michigan

Last night, I saw a nice looking '63 T-Bird go for $9000. I went to bed wishing I had been there!

uncleandy 65 likes this.
  3. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

I thought that at the end the cars were going real cheap. Like Aaron said the T-Bird went dirt cheap.

4. robracer1

robracer1

How come when I don't have Money, there's great deals on cars every where? And when I have money there are no deals to be found any where.
    There where great affordable deals on cars last night on Mecum, the different between Mecum and Barrett are barrett have cars you can dream about but can't afford and Mecum has some cars you dream about and some what can afford.

5. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I thought they were going for realistic prices, not the over inflated like most auctions.

6. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! I saw a '68 Plymouth RR with faded paint go for 8 grand on Friday.... No rust and never been restored....
    All it needed was a paint job and a HEMI.... :D

7. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I used to think some cars were being given away until I started attending the auctions.
    If it's a decent car, there are plenty of dealers present that scoop them up for inventory. Very few bring less than they are worth.
    Those bright lights and TV make them all look good plus Mecum doesn't show the undercarriage. A lot look good on top.

lurker mick likes this.