Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone want to start a club for 60s traditional (Bellflower) lows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, Feb 23, 2006.

1. 122wagon

122wagon
    from nowhere

im going to vote for the shirts having more of a scene...like the splash. with a few cars ranging from the 50's to mid sixties (64). i like the font on the splash page more as well

2. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

The problem with that is that it's going to get costly. If we keep it down to a few colors, the shirts can be made cheaper. (I.E Black & White)

I was also thinking, maybe the member shirts can say 'member' on them somewhere, and we can make another similar shirt to sell on the website that say 'support your local Los Boulevardos' or whatever to fund the plaques, stickers etc...

3. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

4. my 2¢, no iron cross or devils. One is too anti-American and the other too anti-Christ.

I should be at Paso again this year. Not sure if I'll be in my kustom 63 or my buddy's restorod 64 Nova.

Another idea is a decent sized patch instead of shirts or hats or whatever clothes we were thinking. Then each can just sew the pacth on whatever we want. It could look cool on a pair of dickies pants, workshirt or any hat we want, even a seat cover or a pillow tossed in the back seat. It would be cheaper to produce and easier to mail to each of us. You really don't have to inventory a patch as you would different sized clothing and such.

5. Just a little FYI....I contact Marcy about doing some shirts with the original logo....I am not down with the new logo and won't be ording shirts with day of the dead stuff on it....that isn't my scene....when I get some info from marcy on the cost of the shirts I will let you know....if you guys wanna go with something else that is fine by me....each to their own...the SO/Cal chapter will have their own shirts....

Anyone from so-cal pm me and we will talk about it....

6. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

7. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Having a chapter with different shit than the rest of its crew is lame.

Let's just all agree on something. I can do without my suggestion if it makes others happy and get this thing rollin how it should. I'm the most easy, laid-back vato you'll ever meet... let's get it on...

This is why I suggested a plain black and/or white shirt with our club logo in Old English with a "Member" title somewhere and that's that! Cheapest, easiest on the eyes and it wouldn't be expen$ive...

I dig the avatars, though and will be using them on the boards...

Let's all work together, the more suggestions - the better. We cant have just a couple people chiming in on this thing... there aren't that many of us... yet, which is why we should all keep in contact with eachother and Graverobber63. There's a member's list, complete with email addys and names. Let's get to collaborating...those of you that really want to be apart of something - bring your two cents to the table, bros. We need your comments.

8. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

9. Yeah, I agree, everyone has to have the same logo and such, otherwise it's hard to recgonize. The skull and flower thing isn't my taste either. I like a less is more aproach. Think Evel Kinevel, gliiter and stripes with his signature name logo.

10. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

That's a really badass avatar, man. Good work.

Go ahead and gather those pix and build specs us members e-mailed you with at the begining of this thing and compile them on a list in a "Members" link on our current page if you can... Just to start things off with that "feel", ya' know... that feel like you're apart of somethin' badass in the works... I bet that'll really spark up some interest from those that sent in their applications during the begining of this club..

I mean, I'm sure you got plenty of pix of your crew's cars by now, plus additional info.. Let's go ahead and glue this stuff to a link on our page. No rush..do it how you will..

11. here is what Marcy quoted on the shirts. Again I used the old logo on the back and just the club name on the front. looks like it would be $230.00 for the first 24 and then $120.00 after that....

Very cool!
    White would be easiest/cheapest, but if you want it
    another way in the future I can get fancy with it and
    make it work on black or whatever.

One time charges*****
    *****2 full screen, 2 half $100-50% HAMB discount=$50
    *****art/film $80-50% HAMB discount=$40
    set-up $40-50% HAMB discount= $20

Total set-up=$110

Per white shirt--2 color front and back = $4.35
    (sm-xl)
    $5.60 for XXL
    Kids, and 3x 4x also available.

For white pocket T's--$5.85 (sm-xl)
    $7.10 for XXL

Minimum order is 24 shirts any size mix.

We use 100% cotton pre-shrunk T's, usually Gilden
    Ultra Cotton or Anvil, although KIRK from Billetproof
    likes the lighter weight Hanes.

We usually ship UPS ground(cheapest) unless you need
    them sent another way.
    We require a 50% deposit to start work.

Thanks,
    Marcy

--- Shifty Mutt <
    [email protected]> wrote:

> Marcy,
    >
    > Shiftymutt here from the HAMB… attached is the
    > artwork for the shirts. I am thinking the hard top
    > one for the back. The front printing would be the
    > one from the wagon print.
    >
    > I am thinking white shirts but grey would be cool
    > to. Problem with grey is that the white in the logo
    > would get washed out in grey so it would have to be
    > a 3 color print. I don’t think it would look right
    > on a black shirt…
    >
    > Let me know what the price is for a white shirt
    > with pocket and without.
    >
    > Thanks.

12. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

Badass, good work Shifty.

13. anyone else wanna chime in. I am willing to front the money and get the shirts printed...then send them out to the club. let me know if this is what you wanna do....

14. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

what are we going to do for designs?

15. THis is what I sent.

Attached Files:

16. 63 wildcat

63 wildcat

u know what would be cool is if we could get metalflake material like the old 70's shirts on the roof of the cars i mean i dont know if its possible....were can i send $$$$ money too to get it started??

17. I asked Marcy about the metal flake.....good diea....we will see..

as far as the money, if this is what we end up doing I will front it and offer them up once I have shirts...you can pay me then.

18. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Thats really cool of you Gavin.

I think we should work on some better designs before we decide on anything though.

19. cool with me if we work on better stuff....

I have found that you need to jump in and take care of stuff right away to get things going. if you guys wanna come up with something I am all for it but rather than the banter back and forth lets put a time line on it and put it out for a vote say by mid week next week. winner takes all and then we go to print.

Ruling by commitee is a nightmare and it won't work.

My offer is this....I will front the cash for the shirts, IF we have a design that is ready to be voted on by noon on March 29th....Vote should be simple. 1 voice 1 vote. we should all have the members names sent to us by Graverobber.

Simple and easy....:cool:

If that is not cool then fine with me I will sit back and let the discussion go forward for who knows how long until something is done....:(

20. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Shit that won't give me enough time. Lets say by next Friday the 31st, that way i can have a few designs ready.... ask Marcy if she can turn Jpg's into vector graphics.

21. Friday it is Pres....:D

22. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

koo... i think we should make you treasurer :)

23. you may not like the way I do collections :D .....

25. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

check your PM's

26. we should remember when we are ordering shirts that the Mods. and Ryan are getting a shirt....it is the least we can do since we have made this go 13 pages and will surely go more pretty soon...

I think we should also be thinking about support shirts....no sence printing member shirts and not support shirts...

again I will front that as long as nobody tells my wife:rolleyes:

27. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

He he now I have something to hold against you. J/K

Anyways I can make all the code for paypal so that they can be purchased right off the site too.

Oh here's a teaser T shirt design i did:

http://www.losboulevardos.com/tshirt_1.jpg

28. glitter… YES! That's what I'm talking about. 25¢? that's a deal.
    I am digging the Astros design, much better. It's very cool, but drop the web though. just add .com small and under the logo name. they'll figure it out. less is more.
    the lowrider tag is a joke, right?

29. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor