Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Anyone using a Richmond Powertrax?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 28, 2015.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I've got a friend who will sell me a barely used Richmond Powertrax ford 3.70 reaer gear ...
    Im not familiar with them. Any of you guys run them.. pros? cons? this vs just doing an open diff or a "posi" all I know is it is a ratcheting rear end. . . . o_O . . . is that a good thing.

2. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

I put a powertrax in my T [1790 lbs.] before richmond bought 'em -15 years ago- I've put 40K miles on it , it has performed flawlessly..
    dave

3. 65fordguy

65fordguy

This one is said to have less than 20k was in a 32 plymouth hotrod with a Ford rear end.. Guy drives the car all over the country. And takes emaculate care of his stuff.

4. ratrod72

ratrod72

I have ran the powertrax in a GM 7.5 rear in a 400 hp S10 an that was about the only thing that I didn't break. Use the light springs if you are not strictly drag racing... The powertrax worked much better than the stock type limited slip or other clutch type posi units that I have tried .Highly recomended !