Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone using a flathead V8 - 60

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I dig this. Shades of the Gentry Ford. I've always wondered if you could put a T planetary behind one--and if it would survive.

2. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

anyone have a JUNK V8-60 eng?i have a set of smith jigglers that i want to make a coffee table on an engine with. i'm in florida

3. deucemac

deucemac

Rod Hynes, a good friend of mine, lives here in Tehachapi. He owns a neat T tub originally built by his dad before Rod was born. He refers to it as his older brother. It has a V860 in it originally built by Louie Senter. The car was on the cover of Hot Rod the first year and was featured in Hot Rod Deluxe a couple of issues ago. It's bright yellow and can stay up with my Hemi in my 32 roadster if I hold it steady and below 75! Absolutely fantastic car in the same family over 70 years. Look up the issue and enjoy a very good read plus lots of neat pictures.

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. LSJUNIPER

LSJUNIPER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from ct

Here's mine, had the 3 carb set up on it from speedway then I read Ryan did a side by side comparison with the Stromberg's and found the Speedway Way carbs are poor quality and that there junk. Sooo I stopped my progress for a bit till can save up for the Stromberg's. Anyway I like the look of the flathead.

Attached Files:

• 234.jpg
      234.jpg
      File size:
      114.3 KB
      Views:
    King ford likes this.
  5. PaGnome

PaGnome

Hi im looking for some history or info on speeds achieved with V8 60 power at Bonneville or ElMirage and gas/fuels/methanol etc used would be a great help.
    Info on the So-Cal tank when the 60 was in it seemed to be 145mph?...Thanks