Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone used this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Roothawg

Roothawg

NEW! SG150 Intercoat Pearl & Flake Karrier

[​IMG]SG150 Intercoat Pearl & Flake Karrier is an innovative mid-coat material designed specifically for use with Pearls, Flakes, and other dry products offered in the House Of Kolor product line. SG150 features advanced chemistry that encapsulates pearl and flake particles, causing them to self-orient and "lock" in place. This action will vastly improve spray characteristics and finish quality. SG150 dries to a very clear, high quality finish, but is only intended for use as an intercoat.
    Available in one quart cans.
    Features and Benefits

• Greatly reduces or eliminates settling of pearls and flakes in the spray gun
    • Locks dry particles into place so they won't move when top-coated
    • Dries crystal clear and allows the brilliance of the pearls and flakes to shine through

Just looking for input. Never used any of this particular brand. I have used DBC500 in the past.

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I use SG100 alot....plan on trying out the 150 on a Radio Flyer wagon that I'm getting ready for flake.

3. Roothawg

Roothawg

Have you ever used it (SG100) with PPG clears?

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yep....also with some of the "economy" clears ya get in a kit (like Dynatone).....no problems.
    SG100 can be topcoated with pretty much any clear....except maybe acrylic lacquer. (Never tried it)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008

5. MeanMike

MeanMike

This stuff is way better than SG100, especially when doing big flakes. This is activated intercoat clear vs. SG100 which is like a basecoat. Not much worrying about this stuff cracking. I've used it under HOK and Matrix clear.

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Been using PPG DBC500, but I love the HOK CLear so much we'll be using that on the International. We're gonna use a gawd awful amount of flake on that thing.. :D

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Cool Thanks. I may switch clears then.