Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone used louvers from appliances?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KernCountyKid, Oct 29, 2008.

1. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

I noticed some nice louvers on some equipment at my work the other day, and saw some again today on some old air conditioners. I was wondering if anyone had ever harvested any cool louvers from these types of sources and used them in a project. Pictures would be cool...

2. Haven't used any but a great idea! Might have to cut up the back of the refrigerator and stove for the louvers. I'll be long gone before the landlord noticed!

Yesterday while at my doctor's office getting my flu shot I noticed a really nice stainless steel channel punched with 3 inch or so diameter holes in the trash. Who knows where it came from, perhaps some piece of medical equipment...........I meant to grab it but was half way home before I remembered.

3. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

lol... I had a neat old tool box from the 50's that I accidentally let go when I sold my '53 F100. I took louvers off of an old A/C window unit from the 60's, cut out the sides of the tool box and welded them to it. Looked super cool. MAN I miss that truck and the TOOL BOX

4. DrJ

DrJ

I'm using a couple of '30 Ford hood sides for the louvers on my hall floor furnace in my house.
    Is that what you mean?
    Oh, that's backwards to what you mean isn't it?
    :cool:

5. budd

budd

i worked in a factory that made louvered cover plates for a product they produced, as usual they messed up about 25% of everything so i had tons of the louvered covers, gave them all away.

6. fuzzface

fuzzface

I used louvers from an old commercial ice machine for engine side panels on a cushman truckster.

7. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

the ones on the equipment on at the TV station were big, not anything we could do in a home shop. that's why I asked, seems like a good source for otherwise difficult to make custom pieces.

8. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Old school lockers are great.

edit: not "Ol' Skool" lockers

9. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

these were two panels off of a commercial air conditioning unit..got them both on ebay for $10!!!!! ..

Made a slick rear package shelf tray..after cutting them up and turning them sideways

Attached Files:

10. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha