Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone used KBS Coatings?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Apr 1, 2011.

1. At Kelly's hot rod parts we are in our 2nd year as a KBS dealers and have a lot of return customers KBS is a great product !!

Attached Files:

2. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

I used KBS Motor Coater today for the first time (Chrysler Turquoise). I'd never used it before and got to thinking that I must thin it down and shoot it (bought it in a can) Didn't buy the recommended KBS Thinner. Struggled to find a convo on the interwebs that would make me comfortable with a substitute thinner. Found a Mustang forum that discussed Xylol but not much more than that. Finally decided to use a cheap old Huskey siphon gun I've had forever...knew I'd used it with heavy Latex paints before on furniture...believed the tip was larger as it permitted heavier material to pass... Well, all turned out fine. No issues. IMG_20190914_144630_1.jpg While I was on guard to not have any runs I opted to stop before I went to far...ended up with a few dry spots under some of the hard to get to areas... I touched those up with a small modeling brush and it flowed out just fine...10 min between coats, 3 coats, used half a pint, cleaned up with Xylol.

Attached Files:

3. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

I used it on our lakester tube frame. Removed mill finish and then brushed on KBS base followed with their white top coat. Still on but have some chips.