Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone use the 49 50 Buick wide rims on your Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Levis Classic, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Looking for the method to replace the 49 50 Buick wide wheels center with ford centers to fit on some 1940 drums. I see a post in the tech area on how to make reversedrims I would think it would be similar. Anyone ever do this before? Or would a set of 16" 49 ford wheels fit on the 40 drums?

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

The '49 Ford bolt pattern is different from the '40 drum. The conversion to Buick rims on an early center should be as simple as drilling out the rivits on the Ford rims and very carefully welding on the Buick rims. This process is discussed in Mike Bishop and Vern Tardel's How to Build a Traditional Ford Hot Rod.

3. Back in the olden days when I was 16, I bought a blown up 41 ford 2 door sedan from a buddy's uncle. It had deep wheels on the back and the crusty ol' fart told me they were early ford centers on Buick rims. They looked wonderful to me. Measure before disassembly.