Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone use Enginetech bearings ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Retro Jim, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I am just curious about the Enginetech bearing , rod & main . The local parts store wanted to sell them to me but wasn't sure about them .
    Has anyone used them and what is the good & bad of these bearing ?
    I am building a 302 with standard bore , crank & rods is -.010/.010 with a Comp cam 280 grind . Will these bearings be OK with this build ?
    What bearings would you use ?????

RetroJim

2. Tenacious A

Tenacious A
    from Willis Tx

I only use Clevite 77

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I heard that the Enginetech are suppose to be a mass distributor of bearings from Clevite and many others . Like a generic brand , don't know who made them . I never used them before but got these at a swap meet today in the rain . I could use them but don't know anything about them .
    I always used Clevite77 before .

Still need some people that have used them before !

RetroJim

4. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

I know the Dallas manager for the Enginetech company. Call the Dallas office and ask for Joe Munoz. A very nice guy, His only problem is, he is a Hurst Olds type guy.

5. Drive Em

Drive Em

I have used the bearings and gaskets on my IMCA modified engines and have never had any problems.

6. Enginetechie

Enginetechie
    from Texas

Enginetech has been a long time sponsor to the IROC series (when it was running) and every IROC engine was built with the Enginetech bearing.
    Enginetech also supplies most machine shops and production engine remanufaturer with bearings and all other internal engine parts.
    The bearings used to be the trimetal BBL which was same as the Clevite 78 series race bearing.
    Now most of the bearings are made by King but sold as Enginetech.
    If you want more info go to the website at www.enginetech.com.