Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone travelling to the Road Rocket Rumble in Indy? Please read this!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fbama73, Jun 15, 2011.

1. fbama73

fbama73

I'm offering myself up as a pair of "boots on the ground" in Indy for any HAMBers making the trip.

If problems arise- count me as the "I know a guy who might be able to give us a hand" guy. Tuck my cell phone number in your wallet- if you get in a tight spot, give me a call, I'll see what I can do to help. Hell, I even know a good bail bondsman (not professionally, though)

I'm not affiliated with the show or the club. I'd just hate to see someone have trouble on the way to make the show better and not have help handy. I hope nobody has any trouble, but if they do, I'd hate to see them stranded without help.

(317) 514-2232 That's my cell, you can call or text. I'm never very far away from it.

Brian

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'm available too, send me a PM if needed

3. fbama73

fbama73

Bumping this to make sure everyone affected has a chance to see it.

4. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Thanks Brian I'll have your number with me.
    Could have used you last year as my ol '69 County Sedan got to hot and quit.

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Thanks guys I can always use emergency help on roadtrips...... I do drive a corvair lol. See you at the Rumble this weekend

6. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Put me in too. If you have any trouble or need some help you can pm me and I'll see what I can do. I'm just a local that will be attending the Rumble but willing to help anyone out if I can.

7. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Me too..mostly FORD parts and experience. I have a small shop, hammers, and an arc welder. What?.....I said i have ford experience!:D

8. fbama73

fbama73

Way cool! Everyone have a safe and uneventful trip.

I hope nobody has a bit of trouble, but if you do, there's five of us who will try to keep it from ruining the whole weekend.

And a huge thanks to 40Standard, TommyD, Oldmanolds, and the one who called me with an offer to pitch in. You guys rock.

9. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

There is a lot of construction going on at the 465 and I74 interchange, Crawfordsville Rd is also there. I believe it is closed and would go to 38th Street exit west. Take that past the airport and will turn into Dandy Trail to Crawfordsville Rd (136), turn left and will just down the road on your left. See you there, it should be a great weekend. any problems 317-946-1535

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  10. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Bama your the one that rocks,them Kentucky roots are showing.Thanks for it maybe your hospitality will rub off:D

11. fbama73

fbama73

I got no phone calls or PM's, so I'm assuming nobody had any problems on day one! I saw that the Boogie Van made it in just fine. I missed out on meeting up with him, though.

12. HEY! That's MY special super secret back way into Clermont! :eek: I didn't think anyone else knew about it and now you just blabbed it out there for everybody! Way to go!!! :mad:

Actually, this is one of the better shortcuts to Crawfordsville Rd., especially if you're coming from the north or east. It's almost as good as my other Suoer Secret Shortcut to Clermont, but I ain't tellin' anybody about that one! :D

Hope to see you all at the Rumble Saturday! :cool:

13. MODELA30

MODELA30

HEY BRAIN KNUCK HERE I SAW YOU AT THE DUCKTAIL OR WAS THAT THE JAMES DEAN RUN I FORGOT AT THE SWAP MEET AREA. NICE TO SEE YOUR A HEPLING SAMARITAN. MY COUPE IS NOT DONE YET BUT I THINK I WILL BE GOING DOWN THERE. WHATS THE EASY WAY WITHOUT BACK-UP CONSTRUCTION DOWN THERE? THANKS Knuck From Indiana.

14. fbama73

fbama73

Knuck- since you're coming from the North, go exactly the way Carbon guy said: once you're on the West side of 465, get off on 38th st and go West. It will curve to the left (Heading South) and will change names to Dandy Trail. Keep going South untilo you get to the intersection with 136 (Crawfordsville Rd) and turn left (headed mostly east, but a bit North, too) The show will be on your left. We should be there tomorrow- look for us.

For anyone coming from the South, you CAN use the 136 exit, but it is a serious clusterfuck. I'd get off at 10th st and go West to Girls School Rd and turn North. That will take you to 136, then turn right and the show will be on your left.