Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone seen one of these?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RatRoy, Jul 13, 2009.

1. RatRoy

RatRoy

I received this ceramic 1953 Corvette from a friend of my Dad's who owned a Chevolet Dealership in Synder Okla when he returned from a meeting in Detroit Mich. to introduce the New 1953 Corvette to dealers. As I remember there were 48 made, one for each states high sale dealers. The Corvette is a fired ceramic one piece model. I assume it is valueable, however it is not for sale. Just curious if anyone else has one. Thanks....:confused:

Attached Files:

2. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

It looks mint, its gotta to worth a pretty penny. I think it would be priceless considering that your dads freind received it as a high seller.

3. Somewhere, a Corvette collector is drooling so much he's going to need a new keyboard.

4. A Little Odd

A Little Odd

Wow.

Worst Case: Story is a little off. More than 48 made but only 48 handed out that day but probably still rare.

Best Case: RARE. Worth a lot. You got something.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Not really worth anything at all. It's just collecting dust. Send it to me (heavily insured) and I'll send you a passle of STP stickers and a 'vette 4spd shift knob.

dj

6. silversink

silversink

To heck with the STP stickers, I bid two International hood ornaments and a 1935 Nash Lafayette hub cap.:eek:

7. there is a HUGE Vette show in Chicago area very soon (might have just happened) that would probably go gaga over something like that. Just for shits-n-grins you should find a corvette restorers website and show what ya got. Could be a gold mine to the right early collector with deep pockets.