Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone sectioned a 31 sedan before?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forsakenfew, Dec 5, 2006.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

was thinking of selling the 31, but have been tossing around the idea of keeping it and cutting it up this winter so i've got something to keep me busy and when i'm done, it'll sort of be like having a new car....sort of....HA.

thinking of taking a no more than 2" out of it just below the belt line. any pics out there? all ideas and suggestions welcome.

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1730/cimg1586bb6.jpg

in theory, the mess of numbers and words above is a link to a pic of my car...god knows i aint bill gates...(edit) it does work, click on it for a full side view

Attached Files:

2. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

It looks like there is very little room in it now, If you take 2 more inches out will you be able to fit in it. I sure someone can photoshop it for you.

3. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

[​IMG]

About a 2" section...

4. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

i've actually got close to 6" of head room in the car. would still have plenty of room with the section, and still more if i wanted to take another inch or so out of the top.

5. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I like it the way it is

6. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

cool, then buy it before i cut it up!! haha

7. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i wouldnt touch it, but that 2" section looks AWESOME on that other green one

8. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

what OTHER green one?

9. mecutem

mecutem

Sectioning is fun. I say take a little out of the middle. Changes the look nicely on many of the tall bodies. My sedan is 1 year newer than your 31 and close to the same body style. I got a little cArried away on mine and maybe took out a little too much. I saved all the pieces though so I can put it back to stock if need be...hahaha. Steve

Attached Files:

10. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

how much did you take out?? do you have any other photos, or more info on how you did this??

11. mecutem

mecutem

I have tons of pics after the fact. I took an entire roll of film doing the section and the film never advanced in my camera. I took 6 inches out just below the beltline. Works best to find the widest point of body and go equal amount above and below that point. Works best to have 2 people.one holding fitment and the other tack welding as you go around. Takes a little time but I would do it again. The old tin is soft and heavy and very nice to work with compared to the newer crap. Steve

Attached Files:

12. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

thanks for the pics. i like the look. if i do this, it wont be quite as drastic, but it gives me a good idea