Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone score any cool parts at Arlington swap meet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRUCKRODDER, Sep 11, 2006.

1. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

I did not find much for my 51 Chevy truck project , old Superior "500" steering wheel , a WWII canteen for overflow bottle , a couple pieces of trim for the dash etc... . Seemed like not as much as usual. What about everyone else?

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

Seen stuff I wanted --Like the Hemi for $650
    bought "Heart Like a Wheel" DVD --$18.00

3. At a swap meet up here I scored a single four barrel Edelbrock tunnelram for the unheard of price of $40.00 Goona look sweet on my 57 Belair!!!

4. Gummi Bear

Gummi Bear

I went out on Friday evening, there wasn't all that much set up. Saturday, I overslept, and by the time I got there, it was in full swing. My daughter and I cruised around, but neither of us found anything we couldn't live without.

I did look at some great cars though. There were some that were very, very nice, and a few that were total bootyfab. :eek:

Even though I didn't find anything I couldn't live without, I got a lot of great ideas. I'm ready to get back out to the farm to work in the shop.

5. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Did anyone see the $5000.00 Model A sedan body?[If I remember correctly] , no parts , no frame ,just a shell of a pretty rusty body:confused: . I may be out of the loop on some of these cars but I don't think they sold that one! There were the usual crazy as hell people selling scrap for ridiculous prices. I saw a real nice blue F100 that needed very little , had a new engine , new ifs etc was not too high.

6. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

i got a 30/31 modela a coupe door for a good price. oh and i got a sunburn.
    b

7. Elrod

Elrod

I got some great stuff. I bought a 31 Ford Roadster body, a restored '30 dealer license plate, and I found 2 whitewall tires for $20 that completed an incomplete set I had for my 30 cabriolet. I found all that within 30 minutes and all on one row!

Also got to see and talk to lots of friends. And like bubba, I got a healthy tan, too!

Attached Files:

8. Big Dad

Big Dad

I seen the 5000 shell, when did they become that expensive ?

9. Rusty

Rusty

The Dirty's Scored a 32 frame for my pops, a 32 roadster Bop Top bows, a louvered stock 32 car hood, some NOS stewert warner Guages (4), some cool wire loom, a couple wrenches, some cragars, a cheap press, some roadster body pieces, One F1 ford steering column and one F100 Steering column, and a whole lot of small stuff. We got all of this stuff and Bass was even there. I did see him with a 34 roadster seat and a Impala steering wheel. I just barely missed a 32 truck cab for 375.00. Oh well my truck was still full and I was only there for 4 1/2 hours. Awesome swap meet with some killer deals.

10. 8mpg

8mpg
    from Texas

i saw that body with your name on it :D

11. TorqueWench58

TorqueWench58
    from Plano TX

I got farm truck plates and a shop manual and a couple old coolers. But I got to drive Big Tony's golf cart and threw Big Ken off the back .. which was pritty damn funny!!!

12. 32chevysedan

32chevysedan
    from Texas

Swap was pretty good, couldnt find anything to live without though, just knew that I would find that '61 impala steering wheel I've been looking for though but no luck. Anyone know who owned the flat black sedan with the $15,000 price tag on it, there was also a flat black coupe running around there, but I didnt get to look at it very close, just admire as it drove by.............Oh yea, sunburns do suck, bad............