Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone running Navarro High Dome heads

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer5c, May 14, 2006.

1. racer5c

racer5c

I bought a set of Navarro High Dome Heads and an Intake from Navarro before he sold his bussiness to H&H, I am trying to find out what spark plugs I need, Champion is the only one who has a chart on line explaining there numbering system. I know that the plugs I need are 14mm and I know that they are 3/4" reach, BUT I don't know if the extended tip plugs will hit my exaust valve and champion only makes the plug I need with an extended tip, can anyone tell me what plugs they are running with Navarro HIGH DOME heads, not the Navarro nostalgia heads but the ones with the pop up pistons.

Thanks

2. warbozz

warbozz

3/4" reach sounds really long. I wouldn't go with anything over 1/2". Most 1940's-'50's 14mm plugs were 3/8" reach, and the factory flathead plug, the Champion H-10, is 7/16" reach. My experience is all with the vintage plugs, but you may have to experiment with temperature range depending on your exact compression, carburation and ignition system to prevent fouling. Here's some examples of the vintage style plugs- in this case Champion J-4's.
    [​IMG]

3. racer5c

racer5c

Thanks, but I do know the heads take 3/4 reach plugs, they are brand new heads. Mainly what I need to know is if extended tip plugs will work or not, Champion only makes the plugs I need in extended tip. I am not stuck on Champion plugs but they are the only ones with a chart on line that I can find that tells reach heat range etc. If anyone is running Navarro High Dome heads please tell me what plugs you are running.

4. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

This may help: Manufacturer's Numbering System
    NGK

5. racer5c

racer5c

The link wont work can you post the url please.

Thanks,

Roy

6. racer5c

racer5c

7. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Don't have the info, but why don't you call H&H? They should know, and I don't see a reason why they wouldn't help you out.

8. racer5c

racer5c

I bought a cam from them, I called em about plugs they told me the wrong ones they said to use weren't 3/4 reach. I called em back and they didn't seem to know, I think maybe not many people use the high dome heads, I don't think h&h has sold any High Domes yet just the "nostalgia" heads. I called Navarro's since that is who i got the heads from but Barney is in an assisted living center and I don't want to be a pain in the butt to them when he is not doing so great.

9. TV

TV

I have a French flathead with the Navarro high dome heads, Haven't run it yet but I used 3/4 reach and shimmed them to the last thread. Hope that helps.--TV