Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone running clip on fenders on an A?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rpkiwi, Oct 1, 2011.

1. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Am looking for ideas on some form of fender to run on a open wheel A during the winter months.Don't want to run them in the summer,so would like something easy on and off.Any pics or ideas appreciated.Roger

2. When the fender law took effect in California a lot of rodders started running "bobbed" stockers in back. Up front they used sections of "Continental" style spare tire covers. Mounts were made out of 1/4" flat stock welded to the brake backing plates. Some had tabs on the backing plates and bolted the brackets on. Vibration was a big issue.

3. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Florida had same rule in early 60's and I had some bobbed contintal kit rings for both front and back,I hated them and run them only part of the time,and on and off deel.
    I made bolts coming out of my brake backing plates with a nut to hole them,then a wing nut was to hole bracket for bobber fender,the fender brakets were not flat stock on mine,but 5/8in.tubing and was flaten a little at the bolts on backing plate and at bend under the fender// fender was held by panheads taped into the tube.

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Hey Guys thanks for the input,exactly what I was looking for.Figured there also had to be another link but hadn't considered the cycle fenders.