Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone running a Gear Vender O.D. in a closed drive Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gkgeiger, Nov 9, 2013.

1. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

I really want an O.D. in my '39 (stock box closed drive). I haven't had any luck finding a Columbia knowing it might take a lot to get right. I also know about the Mitchell which I'm interested in, but recently found out that GV can do a closed drive unit. So I'm looking for someone that has one. Thanks,

2. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

I'm sure you know there's a good amount of work needed to put the OD unit in your car besides the obvious torque tube modifications usually the rear floor pan must be altered for clearance. For the money changing the rear gear ratio to the 325 which is now available would be much easier and a whole lot less money. Check with Dick Spadaro about the choices.

3. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Ronnie,
    Thanks for the response. I'm aware that some cars require tunnel mods, not sure about the 39/40 cars. I know about the 3:25 ratio but I don't want to change my 1st gear off the line ratio, and I like driving around town in 3rd at 2000/2500 rpm.