Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone running a blower with Teflon .....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jet Doc, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

Anyone here running a blower on the street with the Teflon strips? Any overheating problems?

2. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

I will be in the next month or two. I have never heard that teflon would make you heat up, normally I found that it was in the cam lobe separation spec that caused the heating or other places. Street blowers like a sep of 110 -112 unless of course you have one of those radical motors

3. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

I heard that because the Teflon rotors run such a tight clearance they tend to heat up at stop lights and are used for race type applications ?????

4. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I,ve run blowers on my rods for years, never used Teflon , I was told gasoline attacks Teflon. Dunno if its right ,just what I was told.

5. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

The old line of B&M blowers sold today be Weiand are teflon tips. I've run one on an O/T street car without issues, but don't thermocouple the intake to know charge temps. Gasoline won't eat teflon rotor seals, it's actually a popular material for industrial vats of nasty chemicals. Looks like the stuff cutting boards are made of. Good luck

6. The teflon was put in race blowers to close up clearances. It's impervious to most chemicals. A blower that's loose inside makes more heat than a tight one because of the amount of air/fuel mixture that leaks back to the top and is recycled. The only down side to teflon is that it doesn't last for ever. If the blower is really loose without the teflon, then the teflon will need to be replaced periodically. Not a good thing on a street motor.