Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical anyone running a 4 bar front on 35-40 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andy65, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Andy65

Andy65

Anyone running a 4 bar front end on a 35-40 ford? Im reading mixed reviews on them stating that they don't react like the earlier cars (model A, Deuce..) because of the spring being in front of the axle. Is this a safety issue? Speedway motors sells the kit. Any help before i make a mistake is appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Ask Jerry or Jason at Pete and Jake's Hot Rods. Good honest people. I would buy from them rather than Speedway as they make them their selves where Speedway has a lot of their stuff made offshore.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    X38 likes this.
  3. Ghector23

Ghector23

Used speedway kit on my 41 conv. Had no problems with ride or handling. Only problem I had was the wider tires rubbed on the bars in full lock. Just had to be aware of that when parking mostly.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. I built a '36 Ford roadster in the late 90's and used a Chassis Engineering 4 bar system. Allowed the front to sit lower than the Chassis Engineering split bones system that I had used on a '37 coupe. Put about 30,000 miles on the car before I sold it. No problem. Last I heard the car is now in New Zealand.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

CE had the best set up and they worked fine for me. Fat Jack also used them on his cars. He would modify the stock bones to a 4-bar P&J bracket with excellent welding.