Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Anyone recognize this cowl on 28 Roadster?? Trying to figure out what its off

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody49Ford, May 2, 2017.

1. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

Recently came across a nice little hot rod roadster, original steel titled as a 28 , but has had lots of body mods ( tasteful in my opinion ). 32 ford windshield and custom style dash , stewart warners , 350/350 with an 8" runs really nice, and feels more like a 32 than a model A. He used 39 chevy doors and lengthened the opening since he was a bigger guy, rolled and formed them and it all functions killer. Cowl is off something that looks 32-ish , but i can't pin point it... the closest thing i have seen oddly enough looks like pierce arrow.. lemme know if you recognize it.. Thanks!

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. clem

clem

I think that you are off track with the pierce arrow.
    Look at how much the cowl extends rearward of the windscreen.

3. hotcargo

hotcargo

4. trad27

trad27

Appears to have a complete different windshield and stanchions but he said has '32 adapted on so bad point of reference for comparison. Looks like could possibly be Peirce arrow.

Cody49Ford likes this.

5. alchemy

alchemy

All I can say is that it isn't a Ford cowl. But the maroon cowl in that pic you posted sure is close. Are you aware the back half of your 28 is originally from a coupe?

Automotive Stud and Cody49Ford like this.
  6. Cody49Ford

Cody49Ford

@alchemy what makes you say that ? The doors are stretched and the front of rear quarter was altered and had the tabs cut off , otherwise how can you tell?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. alchemy

alchemy

The back of the cockpit doesn't have a rib around it like a roadster does, and if you put a tape measure to the height of the rear quarters (measure from the belt line to the bottom of the rocker) you will find the coupe is taller.

Cody49Ford likes this.
  8. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

The door length and the body line around the cockpit are the dead giveaways. Nothing wrong with a coupester as long as you weren't mislead into paying for a true roadster.

Cody49Ford likes this.
  9. Looks good whatever it is.

Cody49Ford likes this.