Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone recognize this brake master cylinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SPEEDBARRONS, Dec 28, 2006.

1. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

This thing is leaking and don't know what year car or make, I cringe thinking of going into the auto parts store without any info

Attached Files:

2. rodrelic

rodrelic

Look's like the one I saved when I junked my Subaru brat, '87

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

If you can get it to Hagen's Auto in Puyallup....they could get ya the parts or rebuild it for you.

4. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

all you need to know is the cup size to rebuild it.(the rubber "things" on the inside)

5. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Do I need to know bore size? are they universal? I've only rebuilt harley masters, whats a car 7/8, 1" 15/16? The brakes on the car are 4 wheel discs from the 60's something called Kinmont.....yeah, yeah I know the value, Don't think its suburu, fittings are standard, if there is a difference

6. Yes, you do.
    No, absolutely not.
    They are all different, that one is probably a metric measurement.
    Are you sure?? There IS a difference, though I've seen some real bodges from guys who thought there was not a difference.
    Take it apart, look at the rubber seals, the size is usually on them.
    Cosmo

7. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

also, before you put new cups in, buy a 3$ wheel cylinder hone(to put on drill). put a little brake fluid on the rocks and inside the bore, clean it out every 30 seconds or so. keep it moving, do not let the rocks slide against the side, squeeze them together to put in and out of the hole. just do this until its smooth.