Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone parting a 56 Olds 98?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rckt98, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Rckt98

Rckt98

Does anyone know of anyone parting a 56 Olds 98? I need some chassis parts for mine and have an oppourtunity to get parts bought back with a friend who is in the States till early August.
    Failing that has anyone had dealings with Larry Lawrence in Mt Pleasant, Texas? He has some of the stuff I need but seems rather pricey.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers
    Russell

2. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Chassis parts should be the same for a 98 as an 88 or Super 88, so it should be a lot easier! 98's are pretty rare around here!
    What exactly do you need? You might want to put an ad in the "Wanted "section, too.

3. Rckt98

Rckt98

I have posted an ad but no replies. I mainly need a complete park brake set up including cables, levers, springs, pedal etc. I don't have any of it and want to get it all fitted up before the body goes back on the chassis.
    The 98 has a longer wheelbase so the cables are longer, and just to confuse things they had 2 different setups, 1 has 2 cables and the other just 1 cable, so really would like a complete setup. A few other bits I need are interchangeable with an 88 like front lower shock brackets (which appear to be unique to a 56 Olds).
    Russell

4. Russell,
    I have known Larry Lawrence for over 25 years,,He is a stand up guy with nice parts..Parts business is not his main source of income,He is a building contractor,but loves his old Cadillacs..I'm sure "All Cads of the 40s" would give Larry an excellant reccomendation too

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013

5. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

Wildcat Auto in Royston GA had a complete 55 or 56 Olds 4 door sedan last year. Havent been by there since Dec so don't know if they still have it.
    (706) 245-4407

6. Rckt98

Rckt98

Great, thanks.

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Rckt98, I see that you have posted on the Wanted section of the HAMB, be patient. It took me nearly 6 month's to source out power steering part's here for an Old's as well. A part for one and some part's from another HAMBer is how it went along. All great people helped along the way. The one thing that will aid with your search is to use your signature option and put for example....Wanted 56 Olds Brake Part's. Then that way other HAMBer's will see it and they in return can PM you.
    Good Luck, Johnny