Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone own/owned a van?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -DMC-, Dec 13, 2008.

1. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

Does DMC stand for what I think it does?

2. teddyp

teddyp

yea i had one put over 100,000 on it had a blAST:D

Attached Files:

3. monsterflake

monsterflake

what do you think it means? :confused:

4. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I'm thinking "Stainless steel V6 powered Time Machine"!! :D

5. rusty48

rusty48

I had a 72 Chevy window van 350 quadrajet,it was pretty quick belive it or not.I loved that thing.Lately I been wantin a VW split-window van pretty bad.

6. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

shit...what was the name of that big van club in L.A.,back then..???

there was one that was real popular and it had van in the name...shit, i cant rember....

but when i was like 7-12 my friend in school (Daniel Garcia) his grand parents had a a really hard core custom van that was famous and really awesome at the time it was black with flames,flares,cb' fully inetroierd in the back,carpeted from floor to roof,,captian chairs and everything.. the dash looked like a airplane,

our neighbor had one too ,fully muraled up....

my only regret is that i came of age after these vans started to fade out and never had the chance to shag a tube topped bellbottemed,straight hair,fully bushed hottie back then....

8. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

vans rule...........

Attached Files:

9. truckin'.jpg

Truck-In's were like Woodstock with Trucks

10. bigbubba

bigbubba

That thing is BAD my fondest memories are cruising in my aunts full custom (hippy van) 67(i think) econoline purple shag carpet indian woman on a war pony mural on the side and those tear drop windows.Dont forget the N-50's and mag wheels

11. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Vans rule.

Attached Files:

13. HELLMET

HELLMET

Oh ya i wanna build a 70s short van chevy black no side windows just spade rear ones black blacked out windows in front the side pipes like the sting rays had deep cragers in back skinnys in front veloure dimond tuck and on the side in wrighting like in cramps style font "vangina" billy

14. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Ol Gasser, did that thing run at Byron Dragway at all? Or at Union Grove? I swear I've seen that thing on the track before!!!

15. That they were. Watkins Glen, Englishtown and so many other Lost Weekends.

16. roddinron

roddinron

Man, that says it, I went to "Van ins" all over the east coast, and I think I know your van. I love hot rods, but I can honestly say, I've never had as much fun with any vehicle I ever owned as I had with my vans. But I guess that it was a combination of the vans and the times.
    I had 4 or 5 60's econolines, one while living in hawaii, perfect beach ride, boards on the top, sleep in the back. I even lived in one for nearly a year while I drove across country from Pa to Ca a couple times and all over the western states after getting out of the service.
    Then I stepped up and ordered a new '76 3/4 ton swb black Chevy with a 292 3 spd. I did the full custom treatment inside but kept the outside solid black with slotted wheels, 8" aluminum and 60's rear, and 78's on 6" Magnesium in front, and wooden running boards. It was a thing of beauty, I loved that van, I wish I had it back.

17. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

Count me in...........
    sold this one a couple years ago
    [​IMG]

just bought this one
    [​IMG]
    later, Bill

18. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

Some cool pix, and am sure you guys had good times. Thanks for the links as well...And no, DMC dont stand for the flux capacitor car. It is my initials...

19. pastlane

pastlane

A buddy of mine was asking about this van last week. At one point I had a bunch of pics of it from Western New York shows. He told another buddy owned it for awhile.

20. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

Most of you guy's get it and appreciate vans and thats cool. I get such a kick out of the guys who hate vans and think they aren't cool. Guess what, your wrong! I just went to the Mooneyes show yesterday and was so excited at the idea of next years show. It was stale and a total copy of the last two years. Great cars don't get me wrong but nothing that stirred the pot or shook things up. There weren't more than three early vans there but thats ok.
    If you don't think vans are making or going to make a comeback you probably don't live on the West Coast or know what's going on out here. If you live out here and still don't think vans are coming back then your stuck in the 90's with your rockasilly hair sprayed up too high or too old to want to go down the 70's road again. You can bet your ass next year Dean from Dice and I along with a few other guy's are gonna be out in full 70's force with our flaked and paneled 70's era vans. They're in the works now and will be debuting sometime this year. Most guy's who like vans prefer the early year vans which are very cool, but I personally dig the mid year full size vans a little better. To me they represent that decade better than any other material item anyone could own. Van's represent the last truly great decade in this country, a time before the war on drugs and razor blades in kids halloween candy. Before, computers and MTV. Dean, Matt, Kennedy Bros, Dirty Donny, Zombie, Chopper Dave and a ton of others get it, and I guarantee after we start showing our shit people are gonna start transitioning in that direction.

You'll see.
    Till then just keep talking I'll keep laughing.

I do have to say that I don't think it fits this board though. Go here for all your van love!
    www.vannin.com

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. I love mine...85 astro van with a 350/280 HP crate motor...it's my parts hauler.

Attached Files:

22. JamesG

JamesG

23. Joe King

Joe King

hey If you don't think they're cool, I feel sorry for you

Attached Files:

24. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

oh ok. I am into those cars so I was just wondering.

25. Steamboat

Steamboat

:cool:Badass thread right here. I like them more and more every day.

26. bought a ford van brand new in 76' still have it. got a 65' chevy,65' econoline pickup,74'ford. from what i recall we have some good times.

27. moparron426

moparron426

I sold it to a guy in Jamestown NY and after awhile it went to Ohio and it sold again last year, so its still around out there :cool:

If you can find some pic of it I would like to see them, Thanks, Ron....:cool:

28. JamesG

JamesG

29. JML55

JML55

Here is one i owned for about 6 month in 94, i think it was a 76, i called it the shag wagon.

Attached Files:

30. Crease

Crease

I was never a fan of vans, until Barnett bought the Econoline and made it all super duper shwanky. They can be as cool as the builder is creative.