Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone One In The Fla Keys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOT13ROD, Jan 23, 2011.

1. HOT13ROD

HOT13ROD
    from florida

just moved to the keys looking to find out if there is anything going on down here

2. I spend about six weeks in Key West every year, but I don't do any hot rod related activities down there.

3. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I'll be down to Cudjoe Key in April. Can't help with your ? tho.

Later,Bill

4. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I love the keys. Not much to do but drink and fish = perfect!

5. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

i saw a ratrod boat down there..

6. Was it bagged? :eek:

7. ...and look at the babes. I hate to come home when I go down there. Love it...

8. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I used to live there in the 80's. Back then there was alot of muscle cars, not many rods. But that was then...

9. BudJ63

BudJ63
    from Florida

The Hogs Breath Saloon, Conch Fritters and doing the Duval Crawl. Saw an old pick-up rusting into the ground as Art next to a restaurant that was off on a side street.

10. 26 roadster

26 roadster

drove down to get a Hog's Breath T shirt, couldn't live like that, they party all the time.

11. Gasr57

Gasr57
    from Ohio

Lucky You! The Keys are great. Good Luck finding some fellow rodders.

12. When you are never more than a 10 minute walk from salt water, old cars don't last too long.

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVE the Keys. Might head down there this winter again with my biker buds. Hogs Breath is one of my favorite places for a cocktail along with Sloppy Joes.:cool:

14. I know that this car is there (or at least was when I sold it to a guy who lived there and we shipped it to him a couple of years ago) he owned the Yamaha dealer there
    [​IMG]

15. patina steve

patina steve

Spent a month there last year with the Hot Rod...........there was a small car group there about 8 or 10 cars, had a little show one night in Key West. Not much going on with cars but one of the few places that it doesn't matter .........." Man your on Island Time"...................

Attached Files:

16. yt boy

yt boy
    from Spring,Tx

I was stationed in the military there about 7 years ago. I never really found a hot rod scene. There are some high end sports cars though. Lambo club, porche club, ect...Up on Big Pine Key, once a year they used to have a sort of road race on some of the back roads. The owner of the Napa Auto Parts on Big Pine Key was a big promoter. He race a wicked Porche and drove it like he stole it. You might ask him. I think his name was Danny. I think they let anyone race but I could be wrong. I was sauced half the time so maybe it was just a dream??

17. 59ab

59ab

I lived in Key Largo in the '50s. Not much car action. Had to go to Homestead or closer to Miami to find much action car related.

18. HRod 50

HRod 50

Hey Bud, I don't know what brought you there. Probably, like most folks. You visited it, fell in love with the people and lifestyle, but you were on vacation. You decided to move there, and now the honeymoon is over and you realize the place is horrible. Fun for a vacation, but thats it... You will never be accepted by the locals. The Conchs, you have to be there at least 2 generations before you are considered a real Conch, and even then they'll be dicks. My ex girlfriend is a 2 generation Conch. So I am very familiar with the people and the customs. Visit her ex husbands plumbing business Lower Keys PLumbing. Her ex's name is Barry. He's a real tool... Anyway, Cars dont do well there, because of the salt in the air. It's a rust factory there. Move to Miami, that's where I'm from, and visit the Keys on occasion, but living there. Ewww...

19. Florida Keys Southernmost Car Club (FKSCC) has a monthly Show & Shine on the 3rd Sunday of every month. It is held at Sugarloaf Lodge on Sugarloaf Key at Mile 17 of US-1. (That is 17 miles up from the Mile 0 in Key West). There are a mix of cars at these events, but include some traditional rods.

20. Moondog13

Moondog13

The Fish House Encore in Key Largo. Absolutely amaaaazing! I must have spent over 150 bucks there with my ex. Well worth it though! Hahah. Welcome to Florida! What island did you move to? :D

21. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

In the Cruise News there is a cruise listed in Key West on the 3rd Sat of the month put on by the Keys Car Club at the Key West Diner. For info call (395) 923-8566.
    In Key Largo on the 2nd Sat there is a Fla. KeysCruise Nite at Arbys at Mile Marker 101
    For info call (305) 522-7847. That would cover both ends of the Keys.If you are in the North end there is usually something going on in Miami or Fort Lauderdale. You could also go to WWW.CruiseNewsOnline.com for more information

22. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I've been to that. In addition to that, also on Sugarloaf, on the Atlantic side, down a closed-off road (defunct subdivision?) my wife and I rode our bicycles around a deserted winding road covered in slalom-like skid marks. Subsequently we discovered that SCCA members hold race events there. Among the participants were older MGs, Sprites, Minis, etc. What a surprise to see thet in that setting. I think they have one or two meets a winter there.

Look it up on Google maps - you'll probably see the tire marks.
    [Edit: I just checked - Its called Loop Rd and the slalom tracks are visible by satellite photo.]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  23. glassguy

glassguy

my friend brad is on his way down there next week for the rest of the winter. he has a house in marathon. look for a black channeled model a roadster with an early caddy with 6 carbs. that will be his daily driver down there from now on. he has no computer , so just check out the cheapest bars, and you will find him. a real hot shit.

24. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Check the tranny clubs....haha

25. glassguy

glassguy

HAHAHA jerk!!!!! :D

26. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

At least there the girls can open their own jars and get shit out of the top of the cabinets themselves.

27. Tomorow is the 3rd Sunday of the month so the Florida Keys Southernmost Car Club (FKSCC) will have their monthly Show & Shine at Sugarloaf Lodge on Sugarloaf Key at Mile 17 of US-1. (That is 17 miles up from the Mile 0 in Key West). Shown below are some cars that were there last month.

[​IMG]

This is a steel bodied car that looks like it has been a hot rod for a long time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

key lime pie

key lime pie

key lime pie

29. pdc

pdc

I think it was called "The African Queen"

30. pdc

pdc

Reading all this makes me think of Capt. Slates Dive center, The Fish House, and so much more. I wanna go back!