Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone named their kids after cars / parts ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fluiddrive1949, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here come the jokes about grinding the shaft.

2. Rideron66

Rideron66
    from Virginia

42hotrod your truck sounds awesome

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I have an illegitimate son that I named Daewoo Matiz, but nowadays everyone calls him Chevy.
    Paul

4. That's better than Richard Crainium, I guess.

My name isn't the most pleasant name in the world, I got 3 last names. But at least I'm not named after a car part. I could just imagine if the old man had named me Air Horn and everyone would have said," hey Air Horn your name really blows." :eek:

5. My son's middle name is Franklin....only because my dad, brother and grandfather had that same middle name. My wife said, "You just HAD to put a car name in there!"

6. I had a dog thats regestered name was Sparkplug Axel , I call him Sparky for short, but my kids got regular names (Summer, Brook, Moon, etc).

7. subdajj

subdajj

My wife lived down the street from the Dick family. The mail box said "The Dicks". They named there son Harry, Harry Dick

8. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Blower might be one to avoid. Might also stay away from Injector....

I used to hang around with a guy whose father named him and his two brothers after insects....thankfully it was their middle names only..

Skeeter, Chigger, Bugs.

They grew up to be pretty tough....as I recall not too many people joked about insects around them:eek:

9. Mac_55

Mac_55

i know of 2 people that both named thier Daughters Chevelle and they call them Elle for short.

10. ElBurro

ElBurro

Wasn't Mercedes an female name?

11. I've always thought it was fitting that the owner of a local tire shop named his son Schrader.

12. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

Try'd to name mine Fuel Phuckin Altered !!.......wife said No !

13. fluiddrive1949

fluiddrive1949
    from Austin TX

My wife likes the name Heroshima for a girl ....... Think that may be hard on her in the future lol. I wasnt saying I was going to just the whole name talk while killing time on the HAMB got me thinking lol there are a lot of good names though :)

14. Coupe Deluxe

Coupe Deluxe

I have a coworker who is into Mustangs. His son's name is Shelby.

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

I think he might be on this forum,.. But I have a pal who named his kids Henry and Lizzy :)

16. lucky ink

lucky ink

worked with a guy once his name was Desoto Grilbent lol ...no shit

17. We named our son Cooper

Attached Files:

18. Some cars are actually named after people, like Dodge, Mercedes, Chevrolet, Ford, etc. Even edsell was henry's son's name.

But there is a large abiss between the family name of a car manufacturer and a car part, like fender or back seat or ???

19. My oldest son is Henry James, HenryJ

And my youngest is Hudson Rowdy

and if we have a third boy his first name would be Holden

20. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

May not be car parts but I had 2 dogs named Felony and Misdemeanor

21. rustin peace

rustin peace

i used Ansen for the boys name and my buddy named his daughter Holly (his wife wouldnt let him use the 'E')

22. Harms Way

Harms Way

When my Wife and I were first married,.. we had a little Mutt who we named Poncho,.. But his nickname actually stuck,.... Early on I started calling him "Flathead",... as a joke,.. But that's what he became affectionately known as.

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

not a car car part name but, my Dad always called me Knucklehead.

24. alchemy

alchemy

If my daughter had been a boy, his (her) name would have been Ardun. Wife didn't agree with that. My second choice was Stewart for a first name and Warner for the middle.

The wife is glad she turned out to be a girl.

25. But the question becomes what will he be holden. :p

I guess its no different in someone in the trailer park naming there kid dallas because they rode a bus through there once. Or some hippy chick naming her kid rainbow, because she thought she may have seen on once while doing orange sunshine.

I tired to actually choose a name for my kid that was not too off the wall, but we didn't give her a middle name and people are forever trying to seperate her name into two names so she can have a middle name. So even though we tried real hard she still ended up with a nightmare name.

There was a family that I knew in Oregon when I was in high school whose last name was George. They named there son real so that his name was Real George. That was a local saying at the time for something being really screwed up. he got sent to the office a bunch in his lifetime for being a smart ass because when a teacher would ask his name he would say, "Its Real George."

There is a special place in hell for people that give there kids screwed up names.

26. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I remember a chick in school who's name was Lori Grant. she ended up with the nick name "Lug Nut"

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

Phil Dirt

Ben Dover

Jack Knoff

And one of my bosses years ago,... dead serious,.. ain't making this up,...

Dick Yankus

28. cal1320

cal1320
    from Florida

Before we had our first child, I suggested Holley for a girl or Carter for a boy. The wife thought they were great names. I told her they were carbs. We didnt use either. When she was born she looked like an Emily. Good thing cause I had kicked it up a notch and the wife wouldnt go for thermoquad.

29. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

3 of my dogs that have since passed on were LUGNUT, SPROCKET and HOTROD and my buddy who is a cattle/shepard mix is COMET

30. I think I was named for a Harley...........Mom always called me "Knuckel Head"