Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects anyone mess with boats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stu, Dec 29, 2009.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Both look pretty kick ass LeadSledMerc.

Where are those pix? Looks like the "big lake".

Paco

2. You're darn right you need some "ching" We were up to Tahoe for the Concour in June and this one was $300k. The Thunderbird is a beautiful boat! ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  3. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks...both a blast!:D

It's a small lake on Cape Cod I frequent...Mashpee-Wakeby.

4. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Did the Jet boat go fast thing for a while..
    My favorite was a Hawiian 21' with a Berkly jet drive off a 460..Eye bleeding fast. And manuverable as hell, Inland lake, and shallow stream Ruler

5. Super88

Super88

For those near the SE corner of WI, the Abbey Resort on Lake Geneva is having their classic boat show this weekend. Some of the cars the spectators arrive in are worth a look also.
    http://www.genevalakesboatshow.com/

6. Best boat show in the Midwest!!!!

I did pretty good with my 1946 Resorter!

You've got to see Bill Gage's Prized toys!!!

7. alsancle

alsancle

8. 34ratpickup

34ratpickup
    from Orange, CA

I have had a few boats in my day. 1971 17' bahner with a 468 chevy and a 1996 ultra 21' with a 525 in it. I sold the last boat because my uncle bought a newer bigger faster boat. I just take care of the upkeep and I get to use it whenever I want. Its alot cheaper than owning your own ill tell you that.

9. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son builds these "Look a like" Chris-Craft all ELECTRIC 7 mph harbor cruiser/ party type boats----Check them out at: www.americanbeautyboats.com

10. From other entries of the Lake Geneva Show...

Attached Files:

11. Others...

Attached Files:

12. ^^^^^^^Neat stuff right there^^^^^^^

13. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

14. hodges

hodges
    from Indiana

Mecum Wooden Boat Auction at Winsted Minnesota this Saturday 120 antique wooden boats

Attached Files:

15. I went to the Geneva show with my girlfriend and she said she loved my "Woody" the most... Hahaha... seems like my "Hot Rod" and "Woody" are my best attributes!

I guess I wouldn't mind these "Glassics"...!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Do Again

Do Again
    from San Diego

some bueatiful pieces of history in this thread

A grand piece of advise I received one day:
    If it floats, f*cks, or flys - RENT IT!

not necessarily HAMB friendly, but here's mine none-the-less:
    [​IMG]

17. Roupe

Roupe

Coolest boat motor ever built, the Quincy 6 cylinder looper. You have to hear one in person to believe it. They were built in 2,4,and 6 cylinder versions. They are heavily modified Mercury outboards with an open megaphone exhaust on each cylinder. Watch the video and turn up the sound!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fWZKksK2q0

Attached Files:

18. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

I have a 1960 Speed Queen that I hope to back intio the water with my 53 Bel Air....Need a little time

19. i think as far as looks and performance go a 60s-80s jet boat or v drive is where its at..

20. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Attached Files:

21. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

22. indyjps

indyjps

The only good boat is a new boat. Go buy a new one then sell it when its 3 years old and buy another new one. Just figure the payment is what it costs to have a boat.

I doubt your wife's idea of a boat is something she looks at disassembled in the garage for a few years before a ride. 1 breakdown on the water, or failed weekend due to boat problems and her interest will fade quickly, then the boat becomes an issue

I do love old boats, wooden hulls are beautiful. I go look at them whenever I see one. Then leave quickly before I get tempted.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  23. Just saw this thread, and honestly I wonder why it still exists. I thought this was a Hot Rod and Custom forum ?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  24. so did I,,,coz a boat is just a hole in the water that you throw money into...

25. This was OK a few years ago when you could post something off topic but I'm amazed with the new stay focused and on topic rule,and after being reported this thread is allowed to remain open especially when threads are posted just slightly off topic are deleted in a heart beat! HRP

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  26. Special Ed

Special Ed

Relax guys ... some of those boats are just hot rods that float. Apparently, Ryan has liked 'em for a long time too, seeing as how he started a thread on 'em awhile back ... ;)
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-speed-boats.130864/

blowby likes this.
  27. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Wish he liked motorcycles. ;)

I used to live two doors down from a public boat launch (and had a hot rod boat of course, 392 hemi but that's another story) and some great fun was to be had on weekend afternoons watching the inebriated boaters returning. First there was the jockeying for position at the dock, the threats and yelling. Then there was the unloading of the wobbly passengers off the wobbly boats onto the wobbly floating dock, often involving a dip into the water. Then there was the backing up of the trailers down the launch, sometimes past the launch. Then there was the getting the boat onto the trailer, sometimes right back off the trailer if they forgot to winch it down. All of this going on two boats at a time. About once a month the power would go out, a quick trip outside revealing a sailboat mast stuck in the lines. Ah, alcohol and boats.. I think they've tightened that up some since then.

28. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

Just finished a 10yr. restoration on this one. 1974 Chris Craft.

Attached Files:

29. A little while back Ed? :D

How about 9 years ago,long before Ryan starting preaching the mantra of staying focused. HRP

30. badshifter

badshifter

I'd rather see an old post about boats resurface that have some cool history, than say, a thread about someone's catalog getting torn up in the mail......

Special Ed likes this.