Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone make their own rubbers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mixedupamx, Mar 20, 2013.

1. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

HA! made you look! what I really need to know is if anyone has "cast" their own gaskets or pads for a side mirror or hood ornament? I can make my own mold from plaster, but just not sure what material to use for the plastic. Eastwood's used to have a kit that would let you pour some type of plastic into molds to make this type of part, but they don't list it in their catalog any more. any suggestions?

2. fordor41

fordor41

Yes,I made my running board isolation mounts from castable polyurethane. Made a plaster of paris mould. Bought the poly from McMaster-Carr supply. Comes in different durameter.

3. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I have been playing with windshield urethane, make the mold squit it in,then squeegee it smooth. Work pretty nice, and its tough. Jack

4. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Simply amazing what you'll see here!! Now let's start the H.A.M.B. dating section; "Wanted, girl with nice roll-away tool box; send pic of box!!" Mike.

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I have two children one 15 year old and one 17 month old. I dont know much about rubbers but they may be an option.

6. Yleefox

Yleefox
    from Florida

I used to make my own, but they seemed to be somewhat porous and well, now that I have a house full of kids, I can't afford to make any more.

7. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

In days of old when knights were bold and rubbers weren't invented, they tied a sock around their.....

8. Never made any, but when I was a poor college kid back in the 60's a piece of Saran Wrap would work in an emergency.......:p:p

9. prpmmp

prpmmp

Latex gloves? 5 different sizes in one!! Pete

10. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

11. Smooth-on has everything you could ever need for what you want .
    There's a lot of info and you'll search for a while but it's there

http://www.smooth-on.com/

Crap toreador types way faster

12. In days of old when knights were bold and rubbers weren't invented,they wrapped as sock around the,,whoaa,wait,wrong rubber,,:D HRP