Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone make adaptors for Early "angle bolt" Chevy Valve covers to fit later straghts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joshua Shaw, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Just what the title says..

Is there any companies out there making an aluminum adapter to fit the late 50's and early 60's "angle" bolt CHEVY SMALL BLOCK VALVE COVERS to fit later 60's and 70's Head that have the bolt pattern stright across?

I thought I saw these adapters at a show once, but can't find anything.

Thanks,

J Shaw

2. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

3. It's cool when you can answer your own questions and help someone else out as well (I need a couple of those as well)

4. gas pumper

gas pumper

This might be less fabricating to adapt? Thinking that they would have 4 holes counterbored for the new pattern and you just need to drill and tap the other 4.

""We now carry adaptor plates (910-17145) to put '87 and newer center-bolt valve covers on '60-'86 heads!""
    ""

5. VooDoo Child 56

VooDoo Child 56
    from Jersey

Can't you almost get a set of the correct valve covers for your heads for $90?

6. Joshua Shaw

Joshua Shaw

Yes.. but my customer bought the angle bolt early ones, machined then to accept cool lil' breathers in the middle of the "Corvette" name, and then paid $150 to have them polished.. all without knowing there were two different ones. :cool:

Not his fault, he was trying to help.

so, for $90 bucks I can save the day, cause he was devastated when I told him they wouldn't fit.

7. joshua, did it work?

8. brandon

brandon

a little trim work and they work nicely ...even with roller rockers..:D

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

My buddy welded a small amount of material onto the aluminum heads on his car. He then drilled and tapped holes to put offset corvette valve covers on his deuce just to make the motor look older.