Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone looking for old Rodding magazines?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al K, Jul 6, 2009.

1. There's a used bookstore in this area that has a LARGE amount of Rodder's Journal,NSRA StreetScene,Rod and Custom,and other street rod oriented magazines. I've been there looking to replace some of my old SS&DI,HRM and Mopar magazine that I lost in the basement flood years ago. Don't get there as often as I'd like,but if there's any HAMBers looking for some reading and inspirational material,I can check next time I go. PM or e-mail me if there's something in particular you're looking for. Just doin' my part...

2. 5window

5window

A basement flood in Flushing,MI? Seems to me you should have been on the lookout for that.

3. Actually,the infamous flood occurred in Flint(south side) thanks to a pumping station that was not operating when it should have been. Woke up on a Saturday morning to 20 inches of water in the basement back in July 2000 after a serious overnight storm dumped a bunch of rain on us. I've only been in Flushing since 2002,and am on higher ground,so occasional dampness is the only issue-so far. I still don't put valuable stuff anywhere near a basement;the lost stuff was down there at the old residence because the second ex and her spawn(not mine...) were living with me. Another mistake,another story,another time...

4. RatRoy

RatRoy

I am looking for the September 1968 Rodder & Super Stock Magazine because it has an article about the late John Shoemaker in it. I was on John's crew for several years and would really like to have the mag. Thanks..:)

5. 5window

5window

Back about '95, our business was renting the house part of our building to a guy who stored his multi-thousand original 45 record collection in the basement. Due to a freak combination of snow plowing misdavventures, Penndot's failing to keep ditches clean and a massive thaw, we had a "flod" in the basement. Ruined our new 3K phoen system, but utterly destroyed all the original covers on his records. We had insurence, but he never insured his collection. The records were fine, but the covers,the valuable original art was trash. Water in the wrong plave is not nice and my heart goes out to the New Orleans and Cedar Rapids folks still recovering.

6. OK,folks;I went to the one store that has the majority of the mags,and no more "Rodders Journals". Sorry 'bout that;someone scored them since the last time I was there. What's left is a large number of Rodder's Digest,Street Rodder, R&C,a bunch of StreetScene issues and a few other offbeat Rod-related titles. A few HRMs left(I'm looking for issues from '79-'81 with "Rod Tests" of some of the old Detroit area street cars),PHR,and Chevy High Performance(which are of no use to a Mopar cat like myself). No "Rodder and Super Stock" and nothing really older than 1980 or so. There's another one of their shops about 15 miles from me;I need to get out there and peruse that rack. I'll let y'all know what I find...

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'd be interested in all the Rodder's Digest that have the Project Big Olds buildup in them.

Issue #

Please check it out and let me know when you get a chance. Thanks bud!

8. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

See if they've got a real nice copy of "Here's Linda" I'd be willing to go 10 bucks on that if pristine.